FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ARE truck cap key

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:56 pm

ARE truck cap key

Neighbor has an S10 with a hard ARE truck cap cover and wanted 2 spare keys. He could go online and order 2 ( online price was from $6.99 to $9.99 per key + shipping ) but I told him I could cut 2 working keys for him. I didn't have stock ARE blanks so I substituted with Toyota TR33 blanks. I cut back the shoulders by an inch and cut the keys. Both work smoothly.
https://imgur.com/a/UPUSZne
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:36 pm

Re: ARE truck cap key

Nicely done dude!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:00 am

mastersmith wrote:Nicely done dude!

Thanks 'smith. Pics aren't in focus but there is a 4-number code stamped on ARE key. Just give the online key people the code and 1 will be cut and sent out at their price. An older Honda key would also have worked. Can't tell you how long those TR33 blanks had been hanging on the rack.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:34 pm

We stock the Ilco version of that blank, 1660. Also for Strattec. Fairly popular around here. I code cut one today as a matter of fact!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife

Return to Key Making