FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Forever Lock Deadbolt Concept for Doors

<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Forever Lock Deadbolt Concept for Doors

Hey Guys!

The owner of the company who makes the “forever lock" was kind enough to loan me some different lock concepts which I will be making posts and videos about. Today in the mail I received a “Forever Lock” deadbolt assembly display. It’s mounted on a wooden door model, but I think it would look especially badass on a metal door. I think it would look very futuristic!

This is not in production yet, but if there is enough demand, it can be done.

What do you guys think? Is this lock design better suited for doors?

[I also demo 2 other locks I already posted about on the forum for the general public to see. I basically say that I think the chances of a random thief picking these locks if they were on a door is almost zero]

<<

LockManipulator

Post Thu May 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Re: Forever Lock Deadbolt Concept for Doors

It looks really freakin' awesome + extra points for the purple! If I could get an assa twin in that purple, i'd pass out from hyperventilation :D The lock sticks out too far though, one good blow with a sledge hammer/some heavy guy jumping and landing on it, and it seems like it'd come off. It would need to be made of stronger materials and that would raise the cost quite a bit.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Thu May 01, 2014 12:47 pm

The only thing I would worry about is forced entry, with the sticking out of it. Euro locks are vulnerable to snapping with only 3mm of protrusion but they are a lot thinner than this lock.

The principle has been around for a while, there is a safe lock, the Kromer Protector, that uses a Lafette, a holder for the key that you need to load up and insert the whole thing before turning the plug.

The bendy keyway thing I love, Gringolocksmith had one a while back and he mentioned they break easy too. I imagine a bendy pick might be enough (although difficult) but without the lock it's hard to say.

Send me the 3rd lock, that'll be easy to make a tool for. There are lots of existing tools for similar locks (and I don't mean tubular, there are a lot of French locks like it). Gerda do a souped up version and there is a tool for that.
<<

muddassarusa

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 01, 2014 1:03 pm

Awesome lock bu little out far from door but I like it
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Thu May 01, 2014 1:07 pm

The only thing that would concern me about the deadbolt would be somebody using a sledgehammer or a pipewrench to break the front part off and then just manually unlocking it. Since it sticks out so far it would be quite vulnerable to this.

That being said... Would I love to have one on a display? Hell yes! :lol:
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Thu May 01, 2014 2:13 pm

Those are some interesting locks... In regards to the first one, someone in chat just mentioned that it looks like it is just waiting for a sledgehammer to come down on it. It certainly would provide a significant mount of leverage into the mechanism, thereby magnifying the striking force if struck further out. Yeah, that is DE, but even it it isn't pickable (which I doubt it is impossible, just not yet done due to immense scarcity, which may ultimately prevent a compromise of the system, just because it never made it into enough hands.) would be a real and present threat to that. I would think that with enough ingenuity and enough of them finding their way into distribution, that maybe one day someone will figure it out... after all, the medecos were "unpickable" for a very long time, just mater of fact believed to the point where there wasn't really much of anyone even bothering to attempt it. And well, we all know how THAT turned out... lol! And oddly enough, there are locksmiths still out there who truly and honestly believe that they are telling their clientèle the 100% gospel truth when they tell their customers that they are unpickable and unbumpable and we know this to be completely and utterly untrue.

You said you have only one of the wiggly/jiggly key locks? When are you putting it up on ebay? Can we get a link to it when you do? Also, you can use the B/S/T forum here to sell locks as well. You just have to keep it to the point where it isn't a primary business running ads to sell stuff here. But the smattering here and there you seem to get, would be a nice fit I think.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 01, 2014 7:25 pm

Hi guys,

Yes I 100% agree with you! Eventually someone will impression/bump there way into this thing. A lock can only have the status of "unpickable" for a finite amount of time.

I am just trying to promote this Lock in its glory days before some crazed LockPicker defiles it! :shock: Haha~

It's true that this thing could probably be smashed up with a hammer, but I am not exactly sure what would happen. It would be cool to do a video showing what happens, but then the owner would probably never let me borrow his demo models again!

Unfortunately this thing is so new that I don't think there is any data on it holds up against different types of brute force. One defense it does have against physical attacks is the fact that it looks so cool that no one in their right mind would smash it. They would feel too guilty. I know I would. :D

As long as we can agree that a hammer is not considered a lockpick though, maybe it can enjoy the title of "unpickable" for at least a little bit longer. ;)

Here is a link to the chain key ebay page:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301170881422?ss ... 1555.l2649

But anyone one Keypicking who wants it can buy it direct from me by PM for $100 USD. Just let me know and I will cancel the auction.

Thanks for your support! I am very glad to be able to provide interesting / hard to find locks from Asia to you guys!
<<

dmasters

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 01, 2014 8:46 pm

One. Wet-popsicle-stick-impression method, a la Mul-T-Lock. Maybe...

Two. I think a mortised design is what it needs. Move some the "business" inside of the door for strength and physical integrity. OR... a unit lock.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu May 01, 2014 9:23 pm

dmasters wrote:One. Wet-popsicle-stick-impression method, a la Mul-T-Lock. Maybe...

Two. I think a mortised design is what it needs. Move some the "business" inside of the door for strength and physical integrity. OR... a unit lock.

Not sure how well the wet popsicle stick would work with a standard MTL. A 7x7 or Garrison, sure. But having a center pin lifted higher than the outer pin... not so sure.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

dmasters

Familiar Face

Post Fri May 02, 2014 8:18 am

GWiens2001 wrote:
dmasters wrote:One. Wet-popsicle-stick-impression method, a la Mul-T-Lock. Maybe...

Not sure how well the wet popsicle stick would work with a standard MTL. A 7x7 or Garrison, sure. But having a center pin lifted higher than the outer pin... not so sure.

Gordon

It was the first dimple lock that popped into my head :) But yes, I understand it wouldn't be the best option for MTL.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Sat May 03, 2014 2:03 pm

oh man... i'd definitely want the deadbolt version! man you just keep find awesome stuff! keep it up! :D
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat May 10, 2014 5:08 am

Hey Guys,

Quick update:

I talked to the owner about the Hammer smashing possibilities we were talking about.

From what he showed me, the lock core is actually inside the door. So to compromise the lock you would first have to really smash the shit out of the lock with something viscous. Then after you mangled and deformed the metal enough, you would have to pick the lock. But it looks like you might need a custom tension wrench to do it.

Honestly, It think it would be less work to smash in the door or break a window than do the "Destroy and Pick" routine you would have to do to mess with the lock.

Hope to have more updates soon!

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock