FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

"Lily Water" Padlock (Buddhist themed lock!)

<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:13 am

Re: "Lily Water" Padlock (Buddhist themed lock!)

Hi Guys!

I'll do my best to get my hands on as many as I can! I think with some luck I should be able to get a few different sizes in.

Just to clarify~ are you guys interested in just getting a normal sized (45, 40, or 30mm) or are you also interested in getting the large 16 pin one as well?
<<

Railyn

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:00 am

These are really cool. What would the shipping to sweden be you think? I am interested in one if you have any left?
<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:50 am

Hi Railyn,

I should have my hands on some more soon. I will have to check on the shipping to Sweden~ I will make a note to do so next time I am at the post office.

Look out for my post in the Buy/sell section that I will make once I get some more in!
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:53 pm

I'm interested in a small one :) Depending on the price
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Me want! Me want!!!

Pardon me. What I wish to express is a desire to acquire one of those locks for my collection as well. :-)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Marduk28

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:26 am

After a intense hunt with a lot of help from my friends here (who now think I am crazy for wanting locks so badly, haha) I am pleased to report:

I found the whole Collection!

Here is a family Photo:

The two new ones you see are the higher security versions. They are the 45mm (double barrel) and 57mm (big mama). They are both 12 pins but have differing features. To anyone who is curious, the Chinese on the lock body basically translates to: Patented locking mechanism/keyway. At least that is the best translation I can come up with.

45mm (double barrel):

The 45mm Double barrel is the most pick resistant of the bunch. It has 3 pins on each "fan blade/swastika arm" for a total of 12 pins, but it's pins are recessed further into the lock than the other models making them harder to reach with a pick. It's defining feature though is that the Lock Cylinder must be pushed in before it is turned. Meaning you can not pick it with normal tension. I have not been able to pick it yet, but I think you have to have constant tension on the shackle while you pick, so when you finally do pick the pins you can pull the shackle out and turn it. The problem is, my hands start aching and burning quick trying to keep tension on the shackle. This is a tough little bastard!!

Photos:

57mm (big mama)

This thing is big, think, and heavy. It weighs about 540 grams and had a much thicker shackle than the rest (~ 11mm). It has 12 pins, but it has 4 pins on 3 "fan blades/swastika arms", with the bottom blade/arm having no pins (This makes it the ideal spot to put a tension wrench). This does have a ball bearing to prevent shimming. This lock is obviously the toughest against prying and other physical damage.

Photos:

In my hunt for these locks I was told on several occasions that these locks are not in production and new ones are not being made. That means once they are bought up from the marketplace, that is it. I am continuing to make calls to find as many as I can, but I have no clue how many are floating around.

Now that my collection is complete, I have some to sell. There is a lot of interest for these locks and I currently don't have many to go around. I know some of you guys already put in requests, but now that you see the different kinds could you please put in your request again in the buy/sell section and you can choose your preferred size.

*I will give first priority to anyone to anyone who wants to buy the whole set/family. (I only have 2 complete sets available).
-$150 for the lock set + shipping ( I will calculate the shipping cost based on your location). First come, first served.

I will make a post(s) in the Buy/sell/trade section for individual locks with some of this information repeated in case some people did not see this thread.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:42 am

Already super-sized my order. Get 'em while they're hot!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
Previous

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock