FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Unknown Push Key Padlock

<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:49 pm

Unknown Push Key Padlock

I don't remember if I posted this before or not, but I'm going to post it now anyway. I picked this up I believe on Ebay and I have no idea of it's origin. It's a push key lock with a strange shaped key. The shackle is flat and not round like most shackles and fits in a square hole on top. I'm pretty sure it's from Europe, but just where, I have no clue. Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Re: Unknown Push Key Padlock

:shock:

Is that push key and warded? Looking at what would normally be bittings on a pin tumbler key.

Want to know more!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Re: Unknown Push Key Padlock

Gordon, The key does have notches cut into one side, but it's a straight push to open it. The key slides right out once the shackle unlocks and you can't feel anything internally that would mesh with the notches. I've picked it open with a straight piece of metal, but it has a pretty strong spring internally that puts up a lot of resistance. I just can't see what use the notches play, other than a gimmick to make one think there is more to the locks security than meets the eye. I'm pretty sure it was just a marketing gimmick for it's time, Mark
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock