FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I swear its amateur hour in LA, 4 calls this week, F**KUPS!

<<

machinist

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:45 am

I swear its amateur hour in LA, 4 calls this week, F**KUPS!

I keep fixing other peoples screw ups all week long

2012 kawasaki ninja: 2 locksmiths spent 2 hours each then gave up, the second guy hand made a hand made blank then tried to impression all 8 cuts with said hand made blank.

2001 yamaha Vstar: previous locksmith says "sorry man my computer is broken I can read the code" for a 7 wafer lock with 5 in the EFFING GAS CAP/SEAT LOCKS. Spoiler alert the last two cuts were both 1.

97 Camaro -VATS already bypassed-: locksmith breaks down the column and spends 45 minutes dissembling a 6 cut ignition cylinder to make a key, (its 5 pm and there's a pep boys across the street that stocks them for 15.99$) lock fails after a week

2000 Lincoln LS: keys locked in trunk trunk release failed so the locksmith pounds a flathead screwdriver into the lock and gives up after 20 minutes no attempt at picking/impressioning or pulling the door cylinder.

What the f**k....?
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:50 am

Re: I swear its amatuer hour in LA, 4 calls this week, F**K

I'm not a locksmith but that just sounds like hackjobbery or shenanigans to effectively raise the billlable service hours while performing no other useful functions.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Russ

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Them people will be calling you back for sure
Just keep fixing them screw ups and make some money and show them who the pro is
. Automotive Locksmith
Facts only No BS
Tale the Truth and nothing but the Truth
<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:28 am

We have an amatuer that comes to my shop alot. He always grabs a handful of my business cards to give to his customers in case he screws up their locks
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:18 pm

Don't know if that is a good thing or not, DIY! While the work may be good, the fact that the person who screwed up the job is recommending you may be counterproductive. :-)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:49 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:Don't know if that is a good thing or not, DIY! While the work may be good, the fact that the person who screwed up the job is recommending you may be counterproductive. :-)

Gordon

Yeah I'm not really sure either. I would personally rather him never come back to the shop. He always comes in there and wastes our time asking stupid questions and having us fix locks for him. There is another scam-smith that comes in and gets keys made or buys parts and then complains about or prices
<<

rzr800

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:51 am

WOW. I'm glad I don't live in a big-city with 10+ pages in the phone book.. We only have 4 locksmiths and 1 of em only does car unlocks cause he is a screwball and the other one only works mon-friday. I work 24/7, I feel sorry for you guys that have to put up with the scams and having people look at you thinking your one of those guys, when I know all of us on here are honest and really have a passion for locks and keys.
<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:31 pm

hixen976 wrote:WOW. I'm glad I don't live in a big-city with 10+ pages in the phone book.. We only have 4 locksmiths and 1 of em only does car unlocks cause he is a screwball and the other one only works mon-friday. I work 24/7, I feel sorry for you guys that have to put up with the scams and having people look at you thinking your one of those guys, when I know all of us on here are honest and really have a passion for locks and keys.

The company I work for has been in business for many years and we have a shop for walk in customers; I think that helps with people trusting us
<<

machinist

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:29 pm

xeo wrote:I'm not a locksmith but that just sounds like hackjobbery or shenanigans to effectively raise the billlable service hours while performing no other useful functions.

Heres the funny part: none of these guys (except the camaro) left with more than gas money.
<<

machinist

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:00 pm

latest this week: a junior tech calls me on my day off via dispatcher: hes panicked out he already took payment for the job the customer left and he has no idea how to rekey these strange locks!!! turned out it was 5 profile cylinders with the little allen screw caps. Sometimes fate knows when I really want to sleep in.
<<

machinist

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:08 am

This one takes the effing cake... Nice girl in Pasadena, 2007 camry, her key broke in two the blade is perfectly in tact chipped head is in tact. The car has been parked at the mall for 2 days, she has the blade AND the chip already programmed. I ask why she didnt get around to calling a locksmith sooner she says she did two guys came out said they couldn't make a key for her WITH THE EFFING CUTS AND A PREPROGRAMMED CHIP!!!!!!

I copy a toy44D with the blade she gives me and use the old chip to "add another key function" and working key in um 4 mins? You guys are lucky out here in LA any jackass with a HPC key machine is driving around burning gas and sending people to the dealership.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: I swear its amateur hour in LA, 4 calls this week, F**KU

Good stories, keep 'em coming!

Return to Professional Locksmiths