FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

California Locksmith School closed

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:43 am

California Locksmith School closed

I just tried to call my locksmith teacher today and found out they closed the program this summer for lack of students. :(

Here's and article on the topic:

http://www.locksmithledger.com/blog/108 ... california

I do know of one school in Van Nuys where I bought over $1000 in code books for $180 but they are helluva expensive.

It's a sad year for locksmithing I guess.
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

rzr800

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:56 pm

Re: California Locksmith School closed

I Dont have schools near me that teach locksmithing. You can try locksmith video school dot com. You send them money and they send you like 6 DVDs to watch and a test and you watch and fill the test out and then you send it back to them and then your certified (by them). You will only learn the basics though and there isn't any automobile regeneration training. If your going for your Cali license then you might look into it but I'm not sure if this is the right route to go for your license. I'm lucky I live in a state that doesn't have licensing, but its a catch 22 cause anyone can put an ad in a phone book and start unlocking cars and its very easy for competitors to get started without the hassel of getting licensed. I wouldn't waste your money on codebooks. Buy code software for your laptop way way better. They cover everything. I personally use instacode, but there are other ones out there.
<<

machinist

Post Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Re: California Locksmith School closed

get locksmith connect for your cell/laptop its like 15$ a month after the free trial, some bugs and it crashes but for 15$ monthly its amazing.

Return to Professional Locksmiths