FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Schlage Securekey

<<

LockAble

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:29 am

Re: Schlage Securekey

The schlage is son easy to pick to the change position. Insert new blue, locks are changed and you didn't even enter the house. :razz:
<<

rzr800

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:38 am

Walked into Homedepot today, Securekeys totally off the shelf YAY! Hopefully smartkey is next..
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:12 am

They should have been off the shelf long ago. They lost a lawsuit by Kwikset, and Schlage had to pull them. Probably the most benificial lawsuit loss they ever had.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

MrWizard

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:12 pm

I talked with the distributor and they believe Schlage will be back with this piece of crap as kwiksets design copyright will be expiring. They may make a few updates to the design to make it not break as often but fear is monster in some form may return.
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
Kurt Vonnegut
<<

rzr800

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Well hopefully schlage comes out with something where the user doesn't have to go back into the store to get another reset key just to change his locks. It was the totally pointless to buy these locks. I remember seeing Schlage's display lock and it had a key stuck in it at the 12 o'clock postion lol. I tried pulling and messing with it, I don't know how someone got the display lock to jam it should tell you something though about there design flaws
<<

MrWizard

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:29 pm

I would suspect when Kwiksets copyright expires schlage and many others will pick up the same design for theirs with the tool included with the locks. They tried to make it seem different by having to use the key to make the change but didn't hold up in court cause it was the design of letting the consumer to be able to rekey the locks was the design copyright. Probably be exactly like smartkey if it returns.
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
Kurt Vonnegut
Previous

Return to Professional Locksmiths