Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:31 am

tubular trailer hitch lock

I have messed with these locks a little bit before. I think I may have an old post about them. The lock in Question is a Gorilla Guard lock, it's a 6 pin Tubular, not hard to pick with a 7 pin tubular pick, unless:
somebody had one the other day and wanted a new key for it, it wouldn't pick, I thought it was sort of funny so I got to looking at it. On the housing part that contains the lock there is a hole where a pin is driven in to hold the lock into place, it only goes into one side so it's not like you can drive it out from the other side, doesn't seem super secure, but the pin is hard to get out, if the pin is out the lock mechanism slides right out or can be driven out by tapping on the pin of the lock from the other side. What I found was if somebody tries to get the pin out, and drives it in deeper, it renders the lock useless, it won't pick because it it can't move enough, it holds it too tight or something. A real time waster. These locks sell for around 50 dollars most places so if you can make a new tubular key for 12 dollars or so the customer is getting a good deal, but otherwise, there is not much one can do to salvage these.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.