FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Key cutting machines

<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:29 am

Re: Key cutting machines

Take a look here http://skskeys.co.uk/listings/start-up-packages/

Expencive when buying new but they do have second hand machines for sale

Start up packages with all the blanks you need to start off,

The picture in the linc you supplied is ok ... but you will need another machine because thats only a portable but will be fine for the odd market but not to be used as your main machine
<<

Dopug

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Portable machine may suit my needs as I already have a lot of kit and supplies to move around, plus I only trade a few days per week.

I've registered with there website and will take a look at the there prices once they activate my account. I think i'l defo go second hand as there seems to be so many machines for sale right now. Thanks for the link :-)

I just came across this website that could be usefull to anyone else thinking about a similar idea http://www.key-cutting-machines.co.uk/s ... chines.php
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Well, since I am from the U.S. what I would recommend you carry won't work in your country as we have some of the same but alot of different locks here. Take a look around your city, take note of all the makes and models of padlocks that you see, take note of all the common vehicles in your area, and then build off of that list as to what you need. You won't lose business if you don't always have what a customer wants, just write it down and order it and tell the customer that if it is possible that they can wait you can discount there keys for them. When I didn't have much stock I would do this, and it worked out ok, I would let the people know I finally had the blanks that they needed and they would come right in and get them. Around here people only have a few choices in a 30 mile radious and some of those people within that circle don't stand behind there product and are knows for cutting more than a few bad keys, I have people that come to me because they are tired of making trips back and fourth to get the keys cut the right way. Also as mentioned by Jailersmith, the accessories do help you bring in more money, thats a great idea as well.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Dopug

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Accessories I can do no worries,I already sell lots of key rings and stuff, some we make, some we buy in.

Can anyone recommend the "Jakey MK3 cylinder key cutting machine"? I have searched for info on the net but can't find much. It seems the machine has been discontinued, however there are quite a few places selling spare parts and replacement cutting blades and such. I've been offered one in good working order for £200.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:51 pm

I have never heard of that machine. When you go to buy a used duplicator you need to be careful, some of these machines are ok, but when you go to replace a worn cutter you will find that they cost more than what you paid for the machine, so when you find a good used one, make sure that it is still in production, or at the very least make sure that you can still get parts and check on cutters just to make sure that they are not going to be so spendy. Myself I have a couple machines, but the best one is my speedex, I like it because the parts are easy to find and don't break the bank. Cole is a good machine, but the parts can be hard to find and the cutters are spendy, also they are way to heavy to move around. Look for a Mini-Speedex if you want something that is somewhat portable. Thats all my opinion.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Dopug

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks for the advice, I'm usually a pretty impulsive buyer but I'm going to take my time with this one and make sure I do my research before splashing out.
<<

uklockpicker

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:08 am

<<

uklockpicker

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:09 am