FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Tuffy Security Products

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:42 pm

Tuffy Security Products

Anybody heard of these guys? They make steel lock boxes for the government, police agencies and for the general public for securing weapons and other valuables in vehicles, homes, etc. I have a customer who has one of these boxes, it has a pretty cool wafer lock, it has 10 wafers, might even have a sidebar, I didn't get to look at it in real detail. I tried to get some keyblanks for it and found that they are a high security key controlled system that they hold a patent on. I called the company and the woman had me take a picture of the key showing the key code, then I was able to place an order for two duplicates. That is the only way to get them. If you lose all keys, then you have to take a picture of the box with the lock, send in a photo copy of your drivers license and the whole nine yards to get new keys, not near as secure as say a Medeco, but there key control is pretty secure. Pretty cool experience really.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Tuffy Security Products

did you get a blank #.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:09 pm

and its only 9 bucks
https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-158-101-key-alike-camlock.aspxwho wants to buy me one
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:44 pm

thelockoutguys wrote:did you get a blank #.

Well, according to the company rep, no blanks available and no blank # everything goes thru them. I don't know what is so special about the lock, maybe nothing, but aside from that, they do make a great product from what I can tell.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

steveslock

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:44 pm

had a customer come in with one of these in her bronco a couple of months ago. If I remember right an old volvo or mercedes key fit it, I honestly can't remember. It took about twenty minutes to find a blank that fit it on our board.

its not high security, I picked it very quickly, no sidebar.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Based on the pictures in the link https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-158-101-key-alike-camlock.aspx I swear I've seen these before. If it's what I'm thinking it is, they are just wafer locks. Not one of the easier to pick wafer locks, could be because it has more wafers... Anyways I think I've made duplicates on an X270 key blank. But I'm not positive about the blank, so unless you had them to test already, I wouldn't order them just for these.

...I didn't know they were patented.

Return to Professional Locksmiths