FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Pro Locksmith advice.

<<

jailersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:19 am

Re: Pro Locksmith advice.

Any competent locksmith will have your order ready prior to notification, the customer wants service not lip. The smartest ones will avoid conversation about religion or politics, and always clean up their mess on a job site. Your selling security and problem solving. Your goal is cultivating repeat business and/or referals. As a locksmith friend recently said to me, " Locksmithing is all theory, our job is to make it work." Yep!
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:28 am

jailersmith wrote:Any competent locksmith will have your order ready prior to notification, the customer wants service not lip. The smartest ones will avoid conversation about religion or politics, and always clean up their mess on a job site. Your selling security and problem solving. Your goal is cultivating repeat business and/or referals. As a locksmith friend recently said to me, " Locksmithing is all theory, our job is to make it work." Yep!

Smart friend you have mate.
It's not the first time I've left the shop there empty handed, and I'm not the only one complaining about the service. The problem for us is they are the only locksmiths around our area, it is possible to deal with others but the travel time is a killer, and they would never come out our way.
So they have it in the bag.
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:41 pm

jailersmith wrote:Any competent locksmith will have your order ready prior to notification, the customer wants service not lip. The smartest ones will avoid conversation about religion or politics, and always clean up their mess on a job site. Your selling security and problem solving. Your goal is cultivating repeat business and/or referals. As a locksmith friend recently said to me, " Locksmithing is all theory, our job is to make it work." Yep!

I have been to a locksmith in town and they were rude as hell, I would never go back again, but we have options here, there are several around if ya need one. These guys jumped my case because I went in there to buy some locks, when they asked me what the purpose of them was I told them the truth, to pick. Wrong answer I guess. I agree with your post, to run a good business, help the customer, and don't get into there personal business just do your job, you do this and serve a customer with respect and be prompt with the jobs your asked to do, you will go a long way in this business.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:43 pm

I can't believe how these guy's behave to customers.
We are trying to give them money.
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
Previous

Return to Professional Locksmiths