FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Adding Credentials Manually to Allegion Engage system

<<

davereb

Post Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:05 pm

Adding Credentials Manually to Allegion Engage system

I'm looking to do something that Allegion doesn't support, but I feel must be possible. I have a customer/client who recently asked for a Schlage NDE lock to be added to their building. They expect to use existing key-fobs that people already have in their possession for another locking system in use at that location. The key-fobs are the HID ProxKey III with the format of H10301. The key-fobs work to enroll them at the lock, but I don't have the 250 existing keys easily available to enroll at the lock.

I know the facility code and id for each of the keys I want to add. I know that there is a USB reader (MT20) that will put into the Engage website a formatted string that allows that key to then work. I'd like to calculate what that entry is from on the info I have so I can paste in the value to activate the keys that are already out there. Does anyone have any knowledge of how that USB reader formats the string that is used? Or, does anyone have that reader that I can work with to try to identify what that string is?

Thanks, Dave
<<

davereb

Post Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:41 pm

Re: Adding Credentials Manually to Allegion Engage system

In further research myself I've found a significant amount of the info I need, but not all.
From the user manual to the MT20, I see there is an example output for use with ENGAGE website "26E0C15;26A;55;1546;"
Can anyone confirm this is correct? I've been able to figure out three of the four segments, I know the 55 is the facility code, and 1546 is the card id, and the 26E0C15 is a hex version with parity bits added. So, I can get those three all figured out without issue, but I have no idea where the 26A comes from.

Does anyone have one of these readers that would be willing to read some credentials for me and share the output?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Return to Professional Locksmiths