FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Door chain locks

<<

Devdev98

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:50 pm

Door chain locks

Not sure if I should post it here or in the bypass section but... what do you guys do to open chains on the inside of doors is there a bypass tool available? I’ve got called out this weekend for a apartment opening that the chain was locked on not sure how. Also was called for a welfare check right after work that the chain was on as well. I was able to reach through and remove the screws from the walls on both it just took forever and was annoying. The one tonight had 4 2 1/2 inch longs flat heads. So any tips or tricks or tools?
<<

SafecrackinSammmy

Familiar Face

Post Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:47 am

Re: Door chain locks

Rubber band and some duck tape or push pin if its a wooden door. Plenty of vids on it.

Chain lock being on normally means somebody is inside already but occasionally its needed.
<<

Alexander Mundy

Familiar Face

Post Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:55 pm

Re: Door chain locks

Coat hanger straightened out then a 90 about a foot from the end, rubber band tied to the end, and a paper clip partially opened tied to the other end of the rubber band. Hook the chain at the end that goes in the slot, tension towards hinge side, close door.

Return to Professional Locksmiths