FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Help! Couldn't pick 7-pin IC MBS/best

<<

LockManipulator

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Help! Couldn't pick 7-pin IC MBS/best

jeffmoss26 wrote:
Daggers wrote:basically, i'm just trying to say i don't let anyone get to me by saying my actions were not justified.

When you are picking a lock that does not belong to you, you are breaking the law. Period!

I was basically renting the place out. i paid over $450 to stay there for a week for the camp. that's like picking the lock on your apartment door cuz you got locked out.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Daggers wrote:I was basically renting the place out. i paid over $450 to stay there for a week for the camp. that's like picking the lock on your apartment door cuz you got locked out.

And it is still not your property. Still illegal. I know you have seen the threads of us telling people that their appt door locks do not belong to them.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:35 pm

"I was basically renting the place out. i paid over $450 to stay there for a week for the camp. that's like picking the lock on your apartment door cuz you got locked out."

You can try to justify it any way you want but it is not justifiable. If I forgot my room key at a hotel and then tried to break in they would throw me out on my ass, and for good reason. When you are picking outside of hobby picking, and outside of employment (i.e. you are a locksmith or cop with a warrant) you are breaching the public trust. No one will trust you if you feel it is ok to just pick a door to a room ESPECIALLY one that you were only in for a week.

I think it's been said well by at least MBI but I'm going to say it again, we are not trying to smack you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper but trying to get it through to you that the consequences of your actions have a much farther reaching effect than just you. We have a government that is just itching for the next big thing to reach in a take away some sort of freedom. Stuff like this puts a spotlight on hobby pickers and could make us the new bad guys.
Previous

Return to BEST