FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I am challenging another BEST lock

<<

twenglish 1

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:48 pm

I am challenging another BEST lock

Won this on ebay, just recieved it today, and i have noticed in the past someone here probably was also bidding on it! Anyway, 7-pin core, no keys, my favorite! I'll keep you all updated on how i do, i have a feeling it might be a stubborn one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:12 pm

Re: I am challenging another BEST lock

As i said i would post an update, this lock appears to only pick to opperating, pins 7, 6, 5 will not bind no matter how i set the front 4 pins, but by vilolently raking this lock it will pick to opperating, i have never been so frustrated by a lock opening... Damnit! Stop unlocking!!
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:14 pm

twenglish 1 wrote:...Damnit! Stop unlocking!!...

lol
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:49 pm

twenglish 1 wrote:As i said i would post an update, this lock appears to only pick to opperating, pins 7, 6, 5 will not bind no matter how i set the front 4 pins, but by vilolently raking this lock it will pick to opperating, i have never been so frustrated by a lock opening... Damnit! Stop unlocking!!

The guy who works next to me heard me saying the same thing when a number of antique Best padlocks were handed to me with the request to remove the cores. He was laughing each time he heard me say that.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:55 am

I'm kinda starting to wonder if maybe something is messed up in one of the pinstacks, I noticed the first stack doesn't drop sometimes when I release tension, one pin could easily be stuck at the operating line, preventing control from ever being achieved, could be why the lock was removed from service, I might try one of those special SFIC tension tools, if not this might be time to learn how to drill out an SFIC
<<

ForSquirel

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:55 pm

twenglish 1 wrote:and i have noticed in the past someone here probably was also bidding on it!

Yeah, everyone knows Jeff has a thing for Bests. It was probably him.

Return to BEST