FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Bilock New Generation QCC picked by Farmerfreak

<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:03 am

Bilock New Generation QCC picked by Farmerfreak

So three of us from the forum got together this evening to have some pizza, chat and pick locks at Cryptologica's house. He's a new member on the forum and graciously hosted the get-together.

We were going through some of our locks and I had a Bilock 12pin New Generation QCC mortise cylinder. Farmerfreak said he had never had a Bilock in his hands before but had always wanted to check one out. So I handed it to him, he promptly put it in his vice and started looking for a good tension wrench for it. Well, long story short, including the time he spent putting it in the vice and selecting which tools to use, he picked this factory pinned Bilock in 24 minutes. First try, totally blind, never having held a Bilock before and never having seen the key to this lock. In front of two witnesses.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:07 am

Re: Bilock New Generation QCC picked by Farmerfreak

genius! pics of said lock?
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:37 am

macgng wrote:genius! pics of said lock?

Scorche was also asking in chat if it was masterkeyed or not. I honestly don't know. I'm going to pry up the brass strip tomorrow to find out and I'll take a pic or two.
<<

Nickinator

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:32 am

Amazing, I was under the false impression that the BiLock 12 atleast hadn't been picked, or atleast not anywhere but on unprovable YouTube vids in which you don't know if they've taken out any pins or anything.

So does it come partly down to just dumb luck?
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams
<<

darkhorse

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:15 am

great result farmer....job done...
On a different note over here in the UK we have a few get togethers with our members for a few beers n grub and we usually bring all sorts of locks and tools etc.....It always ends up with us seriously drunk and a good time had by all......These forums are a great place to meet like minded people and seeing someone do a particular lock in person is a great treat...In fact were having one today in the manchester area
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:20 am

Nickinator wrote:So does it come partly down to just dumb luck?

Not likely. I single pin picked the entire thing, for that matter I SPP every lock I pick...

The same rules for picking low security locks applies to locks like this as well. Apply tension and find the binding object, be it a pin or something else. Then get that piece to move until it isn't binding. Rinse and repeat until the cylinder turns. We could get into how you need to use real light tension and even apply counter-rotation to get the binding object out of a false set. But it really is that simple, Bilock's design doesn't have anything special to separate it from that basic rule of lock picking.

Thank you MBI for bringing a Bilock and giving me the chance to play with one for the first time! :D
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:08 am

Very well done FF, those Bilocks are very fun to pick, I picked an 8 pin on camera, and I've picked a 12 pin 1st generation, not on cam, and I successfully broke the tip on the front of the lock off.

How did you tension it? My tensioning broke the little brass tip.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:20 am

Chris, I tensioned from in front of the pins. MBI warned me of the potential problem of breaking the tip. So I made sure not to use heavy tension.

...It doesn't say much for the lock when you have to knowingly try not to break parts of it during picking attempts. :roll:
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:23 am

Haha yeah, I'm the reason he warned you, those little brass tips break VERY easily.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

datagram

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:23 pm

Hey Farmer,

You should have told me! I can send you an infinite supply of BiLocks to pick : )

I'd love a video of one being picked if you're interested. PM me, let me know. I can supply cylinders.

dg
<<

nhoj_yelbom

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:43 am

datagram wrote:Hey Farmer,

You should have told me! I can send you an infinite supply of BiLocks to pick : )

I'd love a video of one being picked if you're interested. PM me, let me know. I can supply cylinders.

dg

i will buy one dg, pm sent
Wanted TrioVing, ASSA, BiLock, Environmental Locks and Keys, Ingersoll
<<

datagram

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:02 am

To everyone PMing me, this offer only applies to Farmer since he's a personal friend. Sorry!

I'm sending out the lock this week, looking forward to see how long it takes to open.

dg
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:39 pm

This isn't the lock in question. It's another one. Just thought I'd share.

I haven't taken this lock apart to find out if it is masterkeyed or not. I doubt it is, but it is possible.

The original lock I picked did in fact have two master pins in it. Which isn't too bad.
<<

dragonkingx

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:58 pm

Great job.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Farmerfreak wrote:This isn't the lock in question. It's another one. Just thought I'd share.

I haven't taken this lock apart to find out if it is masterkeyed or not. I doubt it is, but it is possible.

The original lock I picked did in fact have two master pins in it. Which isn't too bad.

That's my padlock shown in the picture and I can verify he doesn't have the keys to it, in fact has never even seen the keys to it. I got it from a Bilock dealer who was at Defcon in 2008 and was running a lock bumping booth in the hallway outside the Lockpicking Village. I've never taken it apart so I don't know for sure if it's masterkeyed either, but it was new when I got it, individually packaged for retail sale.
Next

Return to Bi-Lock