FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Picking a bilock

<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:14 pm

Picking a bilock

So I have recently acquired a bilock, and I'm wondering how/what other people have use d to pick them. I feel like one could almost use dimple picks since the pins go so low into the key way.
A wise man once told me I was a unique person. Just like everyone else. Korver15 Channel
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Picking a bilock

Farmerfreak is the first person I know of to have blind picked a factory pinned, new generation BiLock. I took a video of him doing it, then promptly lost my video camera after that. But as I recall he just used a smooth looking and nicely sanded hook pick. It looked like he needed to do a little twisting to get the pick up into the vertical channels as he got towards the back pins. Hopefully he'll see this thread and chime in with some better info.
<<

Neilau

Post Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:42 pm

Never picked one myself but I am interested in knowing what type of torsion tool to use.

I have heard that the little tab between the two channels is very easy to break. Particularly when using a regular torsion tool.

After a V10 it should be easy. :D

I'll follow this thread with interest.

Best of luck.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:12 am

Neilau wrote:Never picked one myself but I am interested in knowing what type of torsion tool to use.

I have heard that the little tab between the two channels is very easy to break. Particularly when using a regular torsion tool.

I started writing a reply then remembered that I made a thread back when he first picked a BiLock. That first day he used regular tension wrenches. Before I left I loaned him all my BiLocks to practice with. He made a custom tension tool to distribute the force against the OUTER sides of the keyway to avoid breaking the center part of the faceplate of the lock. I posted a simple diagram of his tension tool which I drew in Paint. I just moved that thread from the general "lockpicking" subforum into this "BiLock" forum where it belongs:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=5630
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:18 am

Great info there MBI, as always, thanks for sharing. I've always wanted to get my hands on a bilock. If anyone would like to trade one I would gladly send a greater value in exchange. I'd order one from Security Snobs but last I checked they charge ~$20 for shipping one lock :???:
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:40 am

Have poured circa 10 hours into two of my BiLocks, and have stepped away from them since. Closest I’ve gotten is hearing a whooooole lot of stuff fall back down; I still can’t discern true gates from false gates properly.

Other than that, I’ll just leave this here: http://lockpickingforensics.com/articles/bilock.pdf

[courtesy of datagram]
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:37 am

I'd like to get a BiLock, too. The lead I had before was a bit of a dead end, although I know SecuritySnobs do them for crazy cash. Might just have to bite the bullet and save up for a SecuritySnobs one
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:58 pm

I've got a number of new Bilock camlocks. Slightly different in that that have the staggered rows of pins. A true picking challenge as no master pins in them. Postage to the US is always going to be the expensive bit unless someone does a bulk buy and then redistributes ?
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:38 pm

Note that it is not an HPC pick, I placed an HPC handle onto that pick.
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:20 pm

LocksportSouth wrote:I'd like to get a BiLock, too. The lead I had before was a bit of a dead end, although I know SecuritySnobs do them for crazy cash. Might just have to bite the bullet and save up for a SecuritySnobs one

They’re fairly pricey even here in Aus, and only sold by participating locksmiths. Therefore, when I wanted one of my first BiLocks w/o paying full retail price through a ’smith I actually ended up acquiring mine via the US through SecSnobs: check their large lot (used) page every other week — if I recall correctly I paid something like 35 USD + shipping for it — it came in a KiK format.

My other BiLock came as a challenge/gift from a buddy here who outfits them for a local power company, alas keyless. (;

@farmerfreak: far out mate, I bow down before thee. Nice tensioning tool too — I think I remember seeing that in the other thread.
<<

natas2000

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:45 am

Farmerfreak is that a true Bilock padlock in the photo? Im having a hard time seeing it well but that looks like one set of pins doesnt Bilock have 2 rows?
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:16 am

natas2000 wrote:Farmerfreak is that a true Bilock padlock in the photo? Im having a hard time seeing it well but that looks like one set of pins doesnt Bilock have 2 rows?

What you’re seeing is the single 13th front-center pin on the NG series. Given the angle the photo is taken at the two banks of pins are hidden in the shadows. If you grab a copy of the image and use a 2D image editor and muck around with the filters or shadows you should just be able to make out the ‘left’ bank of pins.

tl;dr very much looks like a proper BiLock NG.
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:08 am

Interesting Bilock claims pick proof on this website http://www.bilock.com/pickbumpproof.html

For some reason I hear Ricky Ricardo saying "Bilock you got some splaining to do!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:54 am

DroppedTensionWrench wrote:Interesting Bilock claims pick proof on this website http://www.bilock.com/pickbumpproof.html

Yea, it’s been an ongoing claim — much like those from Medeco a while back — and disproven multiple times on camera, with full on-screen guttings. They’ve got a lot going for them, but the claim is still BS. :/
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:27 pm

aeporia wrote:... tl;dr very much looks like a proper BiLock NG.

Yeah, that's what it is. I got that padlock directly from a BiLock dealer, it's the first one Farmerfreak picked.
Next

Return to Bi-Lock