FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Finally got my hands on a S&G Environmental

<<

twenglish 1

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:07 pm

Re: Finally got my hands on a S&G Environmental

Let me make sure I'm correct, I cut 90 at the tip, 45 in the middle and no cut closest to where you hold the key, I will try again, I'm sure something is off
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:58 pm

I don't think it is a 12 key. Also pull on the shackle as you turn the key as the key cuts are not exactly 0/45/90
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:18 pm

Still no luck, picking the 12 bitting not successful either, guess my option is to try picking all the possible combinations?
<<

twenglish 1

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:55 pm

I don't know all that much more about these locks than what Bosnian bill explained in his videos, maybe I am doing something wrong
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Well, the numbers on the side are not relevant to the key number. Usually there will be an 02/04/05 on the cap between the shackle that shows the key number but it is only used on some locks. The others you need to work through the bitings.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Oh see in that video he said that was the key number on the side of the older locks, and the new locks put the number on the center cap between the shackle
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:25 pm

Have several Enviro locks which have the numbers stamped on the side, and Burlington Northern does own the 112 key here in the United States. IIRC (have to dig them out to be sure, and they are buried), I have one of these locks stamped with the same markings, if I did not trade it. And the numbers did match the railroad and key number.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

LockButcher

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:35 pm

twenglish 1 wrote:So after two fails attempts at cutting keys I guess I will need to be more precise, do these locks have pretty tight tolerances? Has anyone received one of these locks that wasn't functional? Also is it normal for the very front disk to turn further than all the rest?

Double check the width of each cut. I've heard the angles don't have to be perfect but I also heard that the .3 inches that Bosnianbill tells can make one cut actually bleed into another disk making two discs turn at the same time with them same cut. And if they aren't supposed to be the same the lock wont open when you turn the key. From what I've gathered there is about 2mm of disc and then wide open space between the discs until the next one. So if you have one you know you cut at the right angles try widening the cut towards the bow to make sure the cut lower than the last one isn't interfering with the next disc....thats what they say works anyways. I don't know....
<<

twenglish 1

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:40 pm

I did double check that as the 112 cuts allow the key to be pulled, I would turn it and pull it and look at the disks to make sure they rotated correctly, I'm gonna try some of the other key bittings
<<

LockButcher

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Have you picked it yet? I'd just try picking it to the different key bittings before you go making a bunch of keys. It looks like it would be much easier.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:56 pm

I am trying to pick it now, now the first disk turns a little further than the rest, so is this the one that I turn after I set all the other disks?
<<

LockButcher

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:23 pm

twenglish 1 wrote:I am trying to pick it now, now the first disk turns a little further than the rest, so is this the one that I turn after I set all the other disks?

From what I've seen other people do you have to get all three discs turned to or at least near to the angle they would be set at then try each of the three discs. If just one disc turns put it back and try the next one and so forth. When you have all three discs set correctly one of the three discs will turn the the entire disc pack all together and open the lock. So if you set the three discs and go try to turn them farther one by one and they will only move the disc you have your pick on then you either have the angles wrong or your not using the correct key code. If you try the 112 sequence and it doesn't work I'd jump straight to 102 because on eBay most of the railroad locks appear to use 102 keys.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:11 pm

I'm starting to wonder if I am rotating the disks correctly, I tried most of the known key numbers and with no success, now the 0 is no cut so that will mean I turn it fully to the right where it stops? And 90 is a full cut so it should be at the stop point fully to the left? And 45 in the middle? Or is this all wrong?
<<

LockButcher

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:45 pm

First thing you do is turn all the discs to the right until they all stop. They should all stop in the same place so there is a perfect semi circle going down the keyway. that's zero. Then from there you rotate each disc left until it is at the correct angle 45 or 90 from that zero position. Then once they are set where you want them try to rotate each disc to the right when you find the one that rotates the whole pack keep going right until they all stop. Then it will open. According to bills vid anyways.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Now what I also noticed is how the top disk turns further right than the other two, why is this? And does it impact picking these?
PreviousNext

Return to Sargent & Greenleaf