FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Medeco Code Keys- (Generations 2 & 3 all 20 keys are cut)

<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:05 am

Medeco Code Setting Keys Video and Breakdown

sorry last link failed, hopefully this video works
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:38 am

Re: Medeco Code Keys- Are Finished (Gen 2) pics/video posted

Very nice work.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:53 am

Thank You, I hope to get them working better in the next few weeks or so by fine tuning thickness etc, also hope to get the Gen 3 keys cut so that I can try my hand at a newer pinned medeco
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:22 am

Re: Medeco Code Setting Keys- Mostly Finished (Gen 2) Pics r

barbarian wrote:
MrPharmer2012 wrote:Are ur keys brass I'm scared they will be too weak to go just too thin most my medecos have very narrow keyway I'm gonna have to find one these will work in the only one it fits right now is the m3 but it is little tight they are .035 right now started at .050 how thick are yours ply not sure if locks I have are pinned to gen 2 code may have to tear down and take a loOk at what happens when inserted

Mine are brass. I narrowed them down till they are only .027 thick. You are still going to use a tension wrench when you pick with these. So they just need to be strong enough to lift the pins up a bit and set the angles. You should never twist very hard on the code setting keys. When you narrow them, try to take the same amount off each side. You notice a couple of your cuts have little triangle pieces between code spaces. If you take all the metal from one surface, then the little triangles will become razor thin or depending on the angle, too thick. I can't seem to hold a file very flat and the blade of my keys ended up wedge shaped with the thin part down and the thicker part having the cuts on it.

The bumpkeys seem even more fragile because the cuts are a bit deeper. If you use genuine Medeco blanks, they are made from that nice strong alloy. I used aftermarket blanks and they were still ok. The head of one of my bumpkeys is starting to get rough where I have thumped on it with everything from screwdriver handles to hunks of steel pipe. The cuts and blade are still fine. In your pictures of the bumpkeys, they don't look like they are cut yet.

I would take the slider out of an M3 or pin it back before you start like Tobias shows, just till I learned what was going on inside the lock. I looked at the pins in my lock and decoded the sidebar before I started picking to be sure it was pinned correctly and be sure what code setting key to use. Then I picked it with no sidebar to get a feel for the mushroom pins they used, then the sidebar went in. Once you get used to it, you can try all four code setting keys in a few seconds and know if the sidebar set before you even start with picking.

Now you need a box of blanks and a couple of hours with the machine. I have never seen these keys for sale and I think you could sell some if you wanted to.

Barbarian Where did you buy the key blanks at for bump keys, The two local locksmiths wont sell an uncut key to me, how do I ensure I am buying the right keyway online to match my locks.
<<

barbarian

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:36 pm

I got my blanks at a local locksmith. He will order me whatever I want if I can get a number for him.
I tried Ilco A1638 and they fit my locks. About $1 per blank if I bought a box.

Or try these guys.

http://mysecuritypro.com/MedecoA1638KeyBlanks.aspx

I think you can only get M3 blanks from Medeco.
Nice work on the code setting keys... :D
<<

nhoj_yelbom

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:59 pm

if you decide to sell a set lmk! nice work
Wanted TrioVing, ASSA, BiLock, Environmental Locks and Keys, Ingersoll
<<

omegaman

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Awesome job on the code setting keys & very informative

I have a couple of questions on this subject
To make these keys am I correct in saying you need to use a medeco key cutting machine

Also was the code setting keys concept a result of the research by Marc Tobias and Tobias Bluzmanis or do pro locksmiths carry these in order to compromise
Medeco locks quicker & more cost effective than standard picking which I know is possible because many of the keypicking members have videos of it

catch ya lata have fun
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:08 pm

As far as I know, MT and TB came up with and perfected the code setting keys. Its possible somebody somewhere has brought up the idea of one before but nothing came of it.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

barbarian

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:58 pm

omegaman wrote:...
To make these keys am I correct in saying you need to use a medeco key cutting machine

Also was the code setting keys concept a result of the research by Marc Tobias and Tobias Bluzmanis or do pro locksmiths carry these in order to compromise
Medeco locks ....

I used a milling machine, you can also use a Framon machine that allows you to change the angles.
Tobias also mentions an ITL 9700 and of course the Medeco machine will work too.

I believe the code setting concept was developed by Tobias. He describes it in the book "Open in Thirty Seconds".
You can see how the idea progressed in great detail.

Sadly many pro locksmiths believe Medeco is pick proof and bump proof.
They think all the demonstrations of picking and bumping are modified locks with only one or two pins or no sidebar.
<<

omegaman

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks guys for your answers you are probably aware Medeco locks are not that common in the UK

Your answers have cleared up my questions so thanks
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:56 am

So when I started attempting medeco locks I went and saw two medeco dealers to purchase products from they told me it was a waste of my time so today I payed each of them a visit and told them that I could open their M3 in under a minute they called bullshit. Said it was impossible and proceeded to tell me why . I showed the one the video and shut them up and the other threw a lock up for a challenge an asked what tools i needed i then showed him how to open his very own pinned 5pin mortise m3 in just under a minute about 54 sec is what I got. He said it was pretty good and until now thought it was impossible, his wife that works shop with him on the otherhand said I was doing something illegal and would be sued by medeco . Today was a fun day.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:58 am

Lol, sued by medeco! That made my day.

<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:15 pm

I know right I didn't even entertain her statement except by stating "no laws or patents were broke in this demonstration nor was the lock altered in any way I just used your very own M3 just thought you would like to know that it is possible so think on that have a good day"
Haha rediculous
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks LSA I only wish I had wore my I-Cam Extreme Sunglasses with pin hole camera and audio built in to capture their reaction no words could describe it except priceless.
<<

Riyame

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Get them and go to some different lock shops :D

PreviousNext

Return to Medeco