FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Medeco KeyMark help?

<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Medeco KeyMark help?

So recently I obtained one of these nifty Medeco Keymark mortise cylinders. I read about them online as much as I could, but I'm still having trouble with the highly restrictive keyway.
keymark.jpg

Has anyone had much luck with these? The best I can manage is to slide a half-diamond above the warding, but I feel this is the incorrect way of doing it as I feel the pick is too tall. I ordered a slimline and I hope I can angle it around the corner once it arrives. Any tips you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ChemicalRobot on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Howdy!
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:26 am

Re: Medeco KeyMark help?

I've got one here that jruther sent me, not had a proper play with it yet though. Seems like your way of doing it is the easiest way, but if there are very low lift pins in there then it's not gonna cut it. You're gonna need a very very slim pick to get at them at an angle. I was able to get a slim half diamond in sideways under the pins and lever them up by rotating the pick, like how you'd pick a dimple lock... but I dunno if I'll get it picked by doing that. Just play around with it till you find something that feels right.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:30 am

I think I remember someone saying that they used a slimline deforest hook with good success on these.

I personally made a custom pick for these. It isn't pretty, but here it is.
I marked the spacing on the pick as well, the marks just don't show up very well in the picture.

And here is a video of the tool in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaTB9QUzGP8
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:56 am

Farmerfreak wrote:I personally made a custom pick for these. It isn't pretty, but here it is.
I marked the spacing on the pick as well, the marks just don't show up very well in the picture.

Wow, cool - I'm going to have to try to build a tool like that. It looks very useful for this sort of task! Is that very top warding located between each key pin all the way back?
Howdy!
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:59 pm

I just finished my replica of your keymark pick. It can fit in pretty well but its hard to feel the pins. I had to make it much skinnier than normal for it to manage to fit through.
Howdy!

Return to Medeco