FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

righty tighty, lefty loosey

<<

pjzstones

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:57 pm

righty tighty, lefty loosey

i just recently got a medeco classic. so far i've been able to pick it with 5 pins and side bar but only ccw. it seems a lot easier to pick it ccw. is that how it generally is for medecos, or does it depend on the lock and user?
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: righty tighty, lefty loosey

I'd guess that latter from what I've seen others do.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 am

As a general rule. Medecos generally pick angles first, then depths counterclockwise. And usually depths first then angles last clockwise. This rule doesn't always hold true, but more often than not it's does.

Following that rule. It can be easier to pick ccw because after setting the angles you won't need to pay attention to them again.

That said I have one that I can only pick ccw, and it has nothing specifically to do with the fact that it is a Medeco. It has a deep shallow combination in the back and I haven't been able to get it clockwise because of the binding order.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:32 am

I was always under the assumption that Medeco had to be picked CCW because of the sidebar, just what I was told. I don't claim to be an expert on Medeco though......
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

bouncer965

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Farmerfreak wrote:As a general rule. Medecos generally pick angles first, then depths counterclockwise. And usually depths first then angles last clockwise. This rule doesn't always hold true, but more often than not it's does.

Following that rule. It can be easier to pick ccw because after setting the angles you won't need to pay attention to them again.

That said I have one that I can only pick ccw, and it has nothing specifically to do with the fact that it is a Medeco. It has a deep shallow combination in the back and I haven't been able to get it clockwise because of the binding order.

Hey farmerfreak does that mean if i set the angles on the Medeco Classic and then set a pin...........and then say i drop the pin by setting another one, does the pin lose the rotation when dropping meaning that i would then have to reset rotation and the pin to shear line. Or just because i dropped the pin out of set position it wont affect the rotation setting??

Just curious cause i can do the classic with 4 pins and sidebar but when i put 5th pin in i cant get it........maybe that could be my problem. !!!!!!
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:36 pm

bouncer965 wrote:Hey farmerfreak does that mean if i set the angles on the Medeco Classic and then set a pin...........and then say i drop the pin by setting another one, does the pin lose the rotation when dropping meaning that i would then have to reset rotation and the pin to shear line. Or just because i dropped the pin out of set position it wont affect the rotation setting??
If you are picking counterclockwise, then it probably won't lose it's rotational setting. There are no guarantees that is won't rotate on you, it's just less likely to to it if you are going ccw than if you are going clockwise.
<<

bouncer965

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Farmerfreak wrote:
bouncer965 wrote:Hey farmerfreak does that mean if i set the angles on the Medeco Classic and then set a pin...........and then say i drop the pin by setting another one, does the pin lose the rotation when dropping meaning that i would then have to reset rotation and the pin to shear line. Or just because i dropped the pin out of set position it wont affect the rotation setting??
If you are picking counterclockwise, then it probably won't lose it's rotational setting. There are no guarantees that is won't rotate on you, it's just less likely to to it if you are going ccw than if you are going clockwise.

Nice one cheers bud.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965

Return to Medeco