FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

The Age Old.. Medeco Profile ID!

<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:24 am

The Age Old.. Medeco Profile ID!

G'day Guys,

As the topic title alludes to, I'm looking to ID the profile of my newly purchased eBay Medeco mortises. I try to only buy Air or Sky when I buy Classics, and I thought I had checked this lot of 6 I bought for the purpose of repinning and making keys, so I had a few to cycle through for practice. I guess I mustn't have looked too hard on this occasion though, perhaps the price distracted me..

This is the profile in question. As you can guess, its not amongst the Ilco profiles, not the JMA Proline, which for anyone who doesn't know, has about 8 - 10 more profiles listed that Ilco doesn't. Its marked 'Listons Texarkana', so originally I figured it was probably dealer restricted, but I realised I also have a couple of 50 series padlocks with the same profile, from another purchase at another time. Could be that they are both from Liston's, but I'm hoping not! As they are only really for picking practice, I guess I can live without keys, but If I can pull it off, I sure would like some.

If anyone can help me ID this keyway, or help me obtain blanks, I would greatly appreciate it, and would love to reward you for your help!

adi_picker
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Re: The Age Old.. Medeco Profile ID!

that is indeed a dealer restricted keyway. I forget which number it is, but blanks are not available.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

whizdumb

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:10 am

Not going to be able to help on identification, however, if you can figure it out and blanks truly aren't available, you could always try finding precut/used keys and pin it up directly to those instead. Just a thought.
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

skygear

Post Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Looks to me you could take a key blank 1638 6 pin and file it down/ use a cutter on a key machine/ mill it using a Keyway King. Check your local TOOOL group, they might have access to machines if you don't. Could also go to Ilco's website and download their most current key blank book. They have all the keyways they sell listed in the .pdf file. http://www.ilco.us/literature-support/d ... loads.html

Personally, I'm on the lookout for a Keyway King myself. Have been for years. Using my Speedex, I've made and modified countless blanks.
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:30 am

Further to this I have just (like, 5 minutes ago) picked open a keyless S&G 833 padlock for a mate. He wants to be able to rekey this to get a working padlock.

833.jpg

I know absolutely nothing about these. Are blanks for these things available, or are they exclusively military only. Was there one profile, or many? Can you fit another generic Medeco cylinder into the padlock body? Do ex mil precuts come up on eBay so you can repin the existing cyl?

Any help gratefully received.

Michael.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:06 am

MHM wrote:Further to this I have just (like, 5 minutes ago) picked open a keyless S&G 833 padlock for a mate. He wants to be able to rekey this to get a working padlock.

833.jpg

I know absolutely nothing about these. Are blanks for these things available, or are they exclusively military only. Was there one profile, or many? Can you fit another generic Medeco cylinder into the padlock body? Do ex mil precuts come up on eBay so you can repin the existing cyl?

Any help gratefully received.

Michael.

You cannot fit a normal Medeco cylinder in place, the backs of the cylinders are specific to these padlocks. You would have to get a normal cylinder and use a mill to modify both the face and back of the plug, perhaps silver solder on some extra metal and then mill the correct end onto it. There are a few keyways. There is a "civilian and foreign gov't" keyway and several for govt and armed forces. There is no way to get cylinder or keys for them unless you have high up gov't credentials. They are HIGHLY restricted. Of course a while back 2012?) a few were sold at a govt surplus auction (a big no no) and wound up on ebay. I just so happen to have one left if you are interested. Civilian keyway brass finish.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:37 am

Do you know mickthepick (Mick L*******) in Australia? It's his lock; I'm not sure what he'd be willing to pay BUT he has an absolutely massive collection of stuff, if there is anything you're looking for then he might be up for a trade. If you PM me your email I can put you two guys in touch.

Return to Medeco