FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Progressive pinning my Medeco classic

<<

twenglish 1

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:31 am

Progressive pinning my Medeco classic

Last night I made a huge break through, picked my Medeco classic with 4 pin stacks installed, finally starting to get a better feel for these locks, mine in particular seems to require fairly heavy tension to actually set the pins and with very little tension I am able to rotate the pins and feel them click into place, unless they are in a false gate, my classic is a 5 Pinner and I can't wait until I can do it with all 5 pins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:46 am

Re: Progressive pinning my Medeco classic

Great work bud. I too noticed my classic required heavy tension to pick open.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:55 am

Re: Progressive pinning my Medeco classic

I still can't seem to set the sidebar completely before lifting the pins, I always have to go back and try to adjust them after the height is set, I read about the wiggle method of setting the sidebar where you kind pulse heavy tension (clockwise) as you rotate pins and you will feel more give in the plug when more pins are correctly rotated, I have been using a short hook but I think it is too wide as I have trouble with over setting the first pinstack

Return to Medeco