FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I didn't use it... I lost it.

<<

m0ose

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:30 pm

I didn't use it... I lost it.

So, yeah...

For some reason, the "If you don't use it, ya lose it" came into play with me. I can't seem to get back into the stroke of things. What would be some good locks for me to hit up so I can get back into the groove of securities?

And no, that's not the reason my city rake broke. I swear I was light as hell with that thing. That was just crazy. It seems that since breaking my Krypto I've lost, not so much interest, but almost like I've lost skill. So I need something to get me hard and fast back into the mojo.
<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: I didn't use it... I lost it.

Be water, my friend.

Nah I dunno man, sometimes I don't concentrate as much if I know I have picked a certain lock before. I almost expect it to open with my random mashing of pins... give the lock your full attention every time is all I can say.
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:43 pm

Anything by abus, that will give you a decent pick for sure.

I broke my city rake from that set too and by the looks of things yours broke in the same spot leaving only two teeth so it's obviously a manufacturing fault but on the plus side i find that it still makes an excelent rake, i never bother with city rakes and now it's created a kind of double diamond thing.

works like a charm :D

Lew
<<

m0ose

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:58 pm

Lockylew wrote:Anything by abus, that will give you a decent pick for sure.

I broke my city rake from that set too and by the looks of things yours broke in the same spot leaving only two teeth so it's obviously a manufacturing fault but on the plus side i find that it still makes an excelent rake, i never bother with city rakes and now it's created a kind of double diamond thing.

Lew

Lol, yeah, two diamonds is what's left. I'm going to file the tip of the pick (where it broke) so it is more rounded, but yeah, it is a pretty good rake for being just a broken tool. :P

So as for the Abus locks, any specific numbers?

I was thinking going for the 65/30 I think it was, it's a 4 pin lock and quite small. Wiz just did a vid on it recently.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:18 pm

m0ose wrote:

Lew

Lol, yeah, two diamonds is what's left. I'm going to file the tip of the pick (where it broke) so it is more rounded, but yeah, it is a pretty good rake for being just a broken tool. :P

I was thinking going for the 65/30 I think it was, it's a 4 pin lock and quite small. Wiz just did a vid on it recently.

you can have it if you want it. =}
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

m0ose

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:37 am

awol70 wrote:
m0ose wrote:

Lew

you can have it if you want it. =}

Check your inbox. :D
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:54 pm

brinks maximum security shrouded! worked for me! it can work for you! 8-)
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:57 pm

I've never broken picks before,so i've never been disappointed like that before. i guess my touch is a little too light. or i'm just lucky. :)
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage
<<

m0ose

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:56 am

Jc2intelligent wrote:brinks maximum security shrouded! worked for me! it can work for you! 8-)

Yeah, I love that baby, but recently even that has been a bit too tough for me. Like I was able to get it good until recently. The switching of tools and my lack of practice during the time I was waiting for new tools has kinda left me degraded. :/
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:44 pm

m0ose wrote:
Jc2intelligent wrote:brinks maximum security shrouded! worked for me! it can work for you! 8-)

Yeah, I love that baby, but recently even that has been a bit too tough for me. Like I was able to get it good until recently. The switching of tools and my lack of practice during the time I was waiting for new tools has kinda left me degraded. :/

whoa....ouch. i was able to get right back on my feet with that lock. even after MONTHS of not picking. a master 140 might help you out. go to wal-mart,they have stuff from brinks. and there's this one with a longer shackle and it says HIGH security. try that one out. that's what i got when i first got into spools.
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:12 pm

SpaceyStacey wrote:Moose - I totally understand what you are talking about. Work got so busy that I didnt have much time to pick at all. Then I would get frustrated because what used to be easy and quick just was alot harder. MOstly because I was getting mad. You will get back in it like I did. Just start with your easiest until you can breath on them and open them. :-)

Yeah, I'm getting back into the groove. Wiz sent me three locks and this Abus 65/30 is amazing. I just love it. Plus, now having tension wrenches, I can actually work easier.

I know it sounds lame, but if both your tools aren't up for the challenge then you're fucked from the get go.
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:21 pm

yeah. all i needed to do was get my tin snips,some pliers,a wiper blade and a few files,took me about 45 seconds to make a simple tension wrench. it's double ended. one side has a twist-flex and one end is just rigid. you remember that auto wrench i was talkin' about? it's so simple to make, so i'm gunna make one and go to a junkyard and buy an auto lock to see how it is. that way i can just get to work without spending an hour looking for my keys ;)
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:35 pm

Jc2intelligent wrote:yeah. all i needed to do was get my tin snips,some pliers,a wiper blade and a few files,took me about 45 seconds to make a simple tension wrench. it's double ended. one side has a twist-flex and one end is just rigid. you remember that auto wrench i was talkin' about? it's so simple to make, so i'm gunna make one and go to a junkyard and buy an auto lock to see how it is. that way i can just get to work without spending an hour looking for my keys ;)

Slim rubbing off on you some or something? :P
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxGmn2tqZpE[/youtube]
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:42 pm

m0ose wrote:
Jc2intelligent wrote:yeah. all i needed to do was get my tin snips,some pliers,a wiper blade and a few files,took me about 45 seconds to make a simple tension wrench. it's double ended. one side has a twist-flex and one end is just rigid. you remember that auto wrench i was talkin' about? it's so simple to make, so i'm gunna make one and go to a junkyard and buy an auto lock to see how it is. that way i can just get to work without spending an hour looking for my keys ;)

Slim rubbing off on you some or something? :P
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxGmn2tqZpE[/youtube]

(LOL) (HAHA) i dunno. slim's pretty cool though. it sucks that he's gone for a year. oh well, life gets in the way sometimes.
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Jc2intelligent wrote:(LOL) (HAHA) i dunno. slim's pretty cool though. it sucks that he's gone for a year. oh well, life gets in the way sometimes.

Yeah, I miss his videos. He's the one who really inspired me to work forward in this hobby/profession/life style.

Return to Lock Picking