FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Evva Master keys

<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:14 pm

Evva Master keys

We have at work lots of "suited" keys ie many locks set to accept the same keys
One set in particular interests me as when i told my superviser that the
engineers had asked me for a couple of spares for this Evva Master which is a restricted access key , (to which they are allowed to have ) my superviser said **** 'em , those have to be ordered directly from the manufacturer so , no way !
I was a bit surprised as i would have thought any quality locksmith would be able to stock blanks , can anyone who is a practicing locksmith tell me the facts of this ?
The code on these keys is 2854EA MASTER
Open Sez Me !
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:56 pm

Re: Evva Master keys

Some UL437 locks have the option of buying keys that are Restricted! You can have different levels of restrictions also!

The best way to learn about these levels is to look at the website for that particular brand of lock! You could also study the brochures for Medeco, Schlage Primus, ASSA, Mul-T-Lock, and others and read about their keying options as each manufacturer most likely will have a different way of restricting their keys!

I'll scan a few brochures that I have on this if you need a better example! Hope this helps!
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Thanks Chief , i must admit i'm sceptical on most of the comments
made by my manager as he's bone idle ! and will say whatever he thinks will
avoid actually doing ANYTHING (Wanker)
Open Sez Me !
<<

GutterClown

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:46 am

'suited' = 'Keyed alike'
'2854EA' = your specific key system

EVVA is a restricted system just like any other, Medeco, Abloy, KABA, etc.
Locksmiths must buy access to the profiles, blanks, etc. Check the key, it may have been coined with the details of the locksmith that set the system up. If it's just stamped EVVA, then you're probably tied up directly with EVVA itself, they probably just send a local locksmith to do any fitting\repairs.

I've seen one of the EVVA profiles myself, which had standard in-line 6 cuts on the top of the key, but also dealer(locksmith)-specific sidebar cuts on the side. This way, even if someone does have the EVVA system, they can't cut keys for another system because the sidebar won't retract.

So no, a 'quality locksmith' can't just stock the blanks. Do you know how many key blanks are out there?

Ordering keys shouldn't be a problem, you were probably issued a key registery somewhere.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:22 pm

Thanks Gutterclown !
I've just come to the point where i have lost all confidence in my
manager and doubt him every time he opens his mouth ,
i was just hoping someone could give me a slick solution to this issue
even though i felt that the moron was being straight this time.
i would love to get one over on him , he is the type of chap that sits on his ass for half a day thinking of ways to waste the other half !
Open Sez Me !

Return to Lock Picking