FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: What have you picked today

Bumping an old favorite thread of mine that doesn't get much play on this site. Nothing special, just a medeco cam lock that I could easily rake open but never tried to SPP till recently. Someone told me its a biaxel but I think they were messin with me :D Anyway, here she is:

Been seeing alot of new members lately, let's keep this thread alive!!!
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:06 pm

That is definately a BiAxial. The split circle to the left of the keyway gives it away.

Just a note - that split circle is a key pin viewed straight on from the end. The fact that it is offset shows that the pins can be fore or aft set.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Nice pickin'! I too like this thread. Nice to see it come up :)

GWiens2001 wrote:Just a note - that split circle is a key pin viewed straight on from the end. The fact that it is offset shows that the pins can be fore or aft set.
Hmm... interesting. I never knew that! Learn somthin' new every day. Thanks
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:54 pm

[quote="GWiens2001"]That is definately a BiAxial. quote]

Thanks for confirming, thought they were leading me on in \chat as some sort of initiation hehe. Strange though, I didn't feel I had to lift and rotate any pins as I was expecting. Maybe I just don't know wth I'm doing haha
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:30 am

the pins have limited travel rotation about twentydegrees either way, you will rotate the pins if you touch them with a pick, unless you very carefully touch the chisel tip only at dead center. the pins are made to rotate easily at a touch and the pick will tend to touch the chisel offcenter,
the sidebar fingers will engage the holes, and tend to help stop the rotation, the only problem with that is that the pins can have false holes that will not allow unlocking because they are too shallow to let the sidebar clear the groove in the cylinder.
in short, the security features help you open it. only when stuck at a false hole will you need to engage the chisle tip and let down tension while you turn the pin deliberatly
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:18 pm

rai wrote:the pins have limited travel rotation about twentydegrees either way, you will rotate the pins if you touch them with a pick, unless you very carefully touch the chisel tip only at dead center. the pins are made to rotate easily at a touch and the pick will tend to touch the chisel offcenter,
the sidebar fingers will engage the holes, and tend to help stop the rotation, the only problem with that is that the pins can have false holes that will not allow unlocking because they are too shallow to let the sidebar clear the groove in the cylinder.
in short, the security features help you open it. only when stuck at a false hole will you need to engage the chisle tip and let down tension while you turn the pin deliberatly

Thanks for the in depth explanation rai, makes alotta sense now after reading that. That's what I love about this site
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:41 pm

I remember these days ! still got most of the locks and was worth every minute ! great fun

thanks rerun12 for the trip

edit : WAIT !! :D just going to find something interesting to pick
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Just raked this open ! and removed core :mrgreen: out of the packet !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:20 pm

well done ringo, way to keep this thread a rollin!
<<

uklockpicka

Familiar Face

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:06 pm

Ok a long time has been since the last time I posted so I thought I wohld share which lock ive been picking for 5 hrs of the day, the lock is called a Kaba exper t as far as Ive gathered please let me no if Im wrong im just going on the previous owners advice. It has 2 rows of pins oppisite eachother with 5 pins in each and also has two pins coming in 45 degrees at 7 oclock and one coming in at 10 oclock. Still havent picked it but im very close I think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PERSAVIERNCE IS THE KEY
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:20 pm

Think you meant the right description, but wrote it slightly off.

4 rows of pins, two opposite each other, two coming in at 45 degrees from either side. Have one of those experT lock cylinders, but no lock to put it into! Have not had the time to try picking it for more than 20-30 minutes. Have had zero luck picking it! Been too busy with work and with making keys, and not enough time picking. :???:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Those kabas ! i have had a kaba Gemini in the unpicked box for at least 4 years ! every time I say the same thing... I am nearly there and really believe it

I am sure hp picked his not long ago... there very hard to pick lpicker ! good luck buddy
<<

Jowens90

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:17 am

Hope you dont mind me bumping this thread but it seems like this would be a nice place to post some accomplishments.
This is what ive picked today. An Arrow, pehaps my first 6 pin but normal pins and a defiant lock from home depot. Ive picked one before but this is a new one. Had 3 spool pins in it, pics were taken on phone so sorry in advance.
20140219_034004.jpg

20140219_034014.jpg
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:16 am

Bump away ! love to see new locks picked and gutted
<<

Jowens90

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:33 am

Well i finally managed to pick one of my american 700's that I have. It was a wonderful pick, took some thought though. I kept getting this lock into a really deep set to the point where i thought it was open multiple times. After getting some pointers from Xeo, she finally opened. I consider this my first real lock, one i had to sit down and get acquainted with. But the enjoyment of it opening was much more then I could of imagined!!!! Time to try the other one!!

20140224_053906.jpg

20140224_052257.jpg

20140224_052348.jpg

This brinks was given to me and is only a 4 pin but i did SPP it tonight so thought id add it here.
20140224_060043.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking