FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:27 am

Re: What have you picked today

I haven't picked anything today but I know that the police picked up the guys who been stealing from our apartments laundry machines.

It started when I was first doing my laundry and I locked the wooden doors and later when I went to check my laundry I couldn't open the wooden door. I found the the Kwikset deadlatch was bent, so I replaced it with a standard latch, not a deadlatch. I didn't know it was a burglar attempt at that time but I guess someone did know because later they installed a metal security door.

About 2-4 months had passed and someone did break into the laundry room using a crowbar I assume. Our security door has a knob and a deadbolt and not everyone locks the deadbolt like they should. So the thief crow barred the metal door and got in. They then broke into the laundry and dryer machines to steal quarters.

The manager then put in a different security door. About a week or two later my brother noticed some pry marks on that door but the burglars didn't get in. I was then texting the manager who basically said the metal security door did its job. But I had to remind him that they might just come back with a bigger crow bar or start targeting the residences. I did mention to him that he should put up a camera system.

I guess this got to his head as the manager put up his own WIFI and router and installed a WIFI camera for the driveway and a camera in the laundry mat. I heard today from the neighbor in front that a truck backed up into the driveway and attempted to break in again. But this time they got their license plate and supposedly the police went to their homes and picked them up.

I guess the burglar or burglars didn't know that if you keep up the same routine, you will get caught.

CLH!
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:02 am

I modified the other side of the tension tool I made for the Nix-Pix lock so that it would work with these lock boxes.

Supra Lock Box
<<

Tok36

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:38 pm

^^ Interesting, how many active pins are in this lock, 4? Neat tension tool. Thank you for the pic.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:00 am

Tok36 wrote:^^ Interesting, how many active pins are in this lock, 4? Neat tension tool. Thank you for the pic.

There are no pins. But there are six sliders. ;)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:11 pm

I put many hours into this lock over the last week. Early this morning I made a new pick for the Combi. I wanted it to have wider "jaws" to grip and rotate the fingerpins. On the first attempt with the new pick I managed to get it open a few minutes.

ASSA Twin Combi

Combi Pick 1.0, Combi Pick 2.0
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:58 am

ABUS EC 75/30

Thanks go out to Noctis for the above trade. What a guy, and what a cool little lock!

adi_picker
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Great picking - that abus lock gave me a lot of problems .... ec75 - can not remember if it can be shimmed or not !

CONFIRMED : Can be shimmed ec75 30 / 40 /50 vids up on youtube - bill shimmed one - no ball bearings

may want to edit that dude below .... wrong thought it could be after picking the ec75 / 50 a few years back
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

nelson nipo 1974

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:43 pm

it can not be shimmed.it has ball bearings
<<

compro

Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:59 pm

Been working on a Best padlock that I can open to operating with minimal effort. I want to get this thing to control.
<<

nelson nipo 1974

Post Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:31 am

10ringo10 wrote:Great picking - that abus lock gave me a lot of problems .... ec75 - can not remember if it can be shimmed or not !

CONFIRMED : Can be shimmed ec75 30 / 40 /50 vids up on youtube - bill shimmed one - no ball bearings

may want to edit that dude below .... wrong thought it could be after picking the ec75 / 50 a few years back

only the 30 mm can be shimmed.the 40mm and the 50 mm have ball bearings.i can send some photos if you want dude...
i only have the EC75ib.im assuming the brass is the same.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:11 am

compro wrote:Been working on a Best padlock that I can open to operating with minimal effort. I want to get this thing

to control.
had a arrow ... took a age to get to control best to leave it for awhile then go back to it
I find this helps and using the correct pick to reach those back pins :razz:

The ec75 - ib padlocks are different and have ball bearings ... good point made above you can tell by the shackle
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:39 am

The last Twin I need to finish the lineup is the Maximum+. If anyone has one they are willing to sell or knows where I can get one feel free to shoot me a pm.

ASSA Twin 6000
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:41 am

Thanks Ringo, I like picking on the ABUS EC's, they are a lot of fun!

ABUS 83/45 w/ Secure 6 'A1' Restricted Core

This would have to be the tightest keyway I have ever picked in. Pins sit directly on top of the wobble, very minimal space to work with.

adi_picker
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:19 am

adi_picker
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:30 am

Finally got this Keymark picked to control and out of the lock it was in! :D

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking