FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What have you picked today

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: What have you picked today

Thanks, MHM, for the gut shot. I'm unable to provide one myself at the moment because I'm in Guatemala .

A pointer for lever heights and markings for levers makes picking much easier . From difficulty I found the President on the whole comparable to the Cawi Optima. If you wanr to start with this type of lock with (in German) 'zwangsgeführte Zuhaltungen' I recommend the STUV ....92.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:58 am

AnJiaBao1.jpg

First Disc Detainer lock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:07 am

SFICout.jpg

Finally got this core out!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:24 pm

So, I'm back. Will try this weekend a new lock.

MHM wrote:
MartinHewitt wrote:I use the cheap pick from Banggood and modify it for the lock. With this I don't need the expensive picks anymore.

Did you drill out the rod to fit it over the post, or sit the pick on top of the post and shorten the upstand accordingly to tension?

For the President the hole was long enough. I needed to make the lever hook longer and the bolt hook longer and deeper. The original Banggood (It's really a DANIU sold by Banggood) can't lift the levers high enough and it didn't catch the sprung lever at all and also not high enough. This is the case for most of the locks I picked so far. With the Banggood I don't have a reason to buy the expensive commercial picks anymore.

MHM wrote:For those guys who aren't familiar with this lock, Martin has done something really fucking major here.

Thanks. :)
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:41 pm

Cawi 1819 in 61 minutes.

This lock is much better built than all the other locks I have picked. 8+1 levers, steel body, steel bolt and either plated brass keys or copper-nickel keys. So it is probably a very reliable lock. From picking perspective I found it a tiny bit easier than the Optima 2648 and the President even so it has one additional lever.

I haven't yet decided what to pick next. Maybe a higher class lock or exercising with the President.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:23 am

You should write a little guide or something! Nothing big, but covering both pick making/adaption and the actual picking procedure.
There's far too little written on picking higher-end lever locks.

By the way, the varying levels of difficulty are kinda interesting considering that the basic design is all the same. Sure, that applies to pin tumblers as well, but... Are there specific designs of the anti-pick features that are harder than others? Like, serrations of varying designs vs. false gates of varying designs, etc?
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:46 am

Patrick Star wrote:You should write a little guide or something!

Maybe I will.

Patrick Star wrote:By the way, the varying levels of difficulty are kinda interesting considering that the basic design is all the same. Sure, that applies to pin tumblers as well, but... Are there specific designs of the anti-pick features that are harder than others? Like, serrations of varying designs vs. false gates of varying designs, etc?

I can't really say why there is the fine difference between the Cawi and Mauer, but the difference to the STUV is obvious. The STUV has two types of levers reducing the good gate positions per lever to three and the anti-picks are angled and therefor provide good feedback. The other locks have only one type of lever and the anti-picks are straight.
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:46 am

Bilock 2nd Gen QCC!

One side SPPed, and the second raked. Starting to get a feel for these now, although some are definately more difficult than others depending on the amount of mastering. This one I would rate as a medium, being that only some of the pins are mastered. You can see some of the brass filings I created when I raked the second side!

adi_picker
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:20 pm

5 pin Best A keyway picked to control, out of the box from ebay :D
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

just1pick+open

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:53 pm

:shorthook: :cool:
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:34 am

Selection of BEST's A, C. D. H profiles

3 to control, 1 to operating. On a couple I used the control sleeve grabbing tensioner I made, as pictured next to the rim cylinder. On the others I used my beloved Peterson prybar, my favourite. Using the grabber tensioner usually guarantees control, but is it supposed to be harder for that or operating?

Some Lockwood 234's

Nicked this idea from LPL, its in one of his videos :) The theory, which I can attest seems to work, is that by picking a lot of the same but differntly bitted locks, you get a better overall method to pick that type of lock, and not one in particular. Simple, and effective. Been right through this ring a few times now, thanks LPL! Also, snagged a cool old Master cable lock for the ring. Only warded, so can be opened with a hook pretty easily.

adi_picker
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:21 am

adi_picker wrote:Selection of BEST's A, C. D. H profiles

3 to control, 1 to operating. On a couple I used the control sleeve grabbing tensioner I made, as pictured next to the rim cylinder. On the others I used my beloved Peterson prybar, my favourite. Using the grabber tensioner usually guarantees control, but is it supposed to be harder for that or operating?

adi_picker

What is marked on the body of the 3rd lock?
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:09 pm

It says: Property of JeffMoss26.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Bahahahah! Its says LAC-USC Medical Centre. Was it once one of yours?
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:26 am

adi_picker wrote:Bahahahah! Its says LAC-USC Medical Centre. Was it once one of yours?

No, but I wish it was one of mine :)
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking