FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Wilson Bohannan

<<

cowbite

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Wilson Bohannan

Hey, I have this Wilson Bohannan lock...5 pin..that I can't pick.
According to the company here in GA that has the locks branded for them, the locks have no security pins. Which, in this case, makes it hard to tell if you are getting any pin at all to set.
Virtually no clicks or rotation of the plug to provide feedback.

Anyone have any tips?
Cow

EDIT
Found several vids on youtube...this is the same lock...
thanks bruno!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ8qnTMSBYg
MCSE: Security | CompTIA: Security
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Wilson Bohannan

Wilson Bahannan have excellent tolerances. They open in either direction, so if you are having trouble picking it one way, try the other.
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:06 pm

Because there are no security pins you can try putting more tension to get better feel of the pins setting.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:06 pm

I have picked a few of these. Like Tooly says, they do have great tolerances. Like he said, the plug turns either way, that is the way I have had to open them, play around with it, the ones I opened picked very easy one way, but pretty hard to pick the other. No security pins but once you play around with it, you will notice that the pins are not really that hard to set, it just takes a little practice. One thing I like about them is the room and the size of the pins, they are wide diameter and the keyway provides lots of room to move around in with your picks.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

cowbite

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:44 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:Wilson Bahannan have excellent tolerances. They open in either direction, so if you are having trouble picking it one way, try the other.

Heh...thats funny. I managed to pick it in reverse then came back here and read everyone saying "try the other way".

I can pick it with rev tension most times but not at all forward.

thanks guys

Cow
MCSE: Security | CompTIA: Security
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:02 pm

cowbite wrote:
ToolyMcgee wrote:Wilson Bahannan have excellent tolerances. They open in either direction, so if you are having trouble picking it one way, try the other.

Heh...thats funny. I managed to pick it in reverse then came back here and read everyone saying "try the other way".

I can pick it with rev tension most times but not at all forward.

thanks guys

Cow

Yeah, some locks are just like that.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

loki

Familiar Face

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:29 am

Indeed. Some locks just "won't pick" in the 'correct direction'. Seems some locks will always be odd.

I suppose this bodes well for the makers of plug spinners.
<<

ripmurph

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:30 pm

I have a couple of W.B.'s that I have I don't have the key for. It took me a bit of time at first to pick them even though they don't have any security pins. The more I picked them the more I learned that the feel of the pins setting is pretty subtle. For me, I went very slow and determined the "stuck pin" order. Once I established the proper picking order I was clearly able to descern the feel of the pins setting above the sheer. Also, your lock may be more difficult to pick because it may have one or two deep cuts (i.e. seve or eight). Therefore, you may be initially oversetting that pin while trying to set the others.

Hope this helps and stick with it.
Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. . .then after you've insulted him he has to run a mile in his socks to catch you.

Return to Lock Picking