FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Enclave ingenious new lock design is it ( unpickable )

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 31, 2022 4:16 pm

Enclave ingenious new lock design is it ( unpickable )

See vid ..works on a sidebar that slides as pins are shaped not notched and patent pending !
https://youtu.be/qNHFyc1oMwU the slide bar a ingenious lock design https://youtu.be/l-EN1duVk9w

Ringo
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 31, 2022 9:49 pm

Re: Enclave ingenious new lock design is it ( unpickable )

This is a great design. I will be interested in the ways folks try to defeat this beauty!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

Visitor

Post Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:47 am

I saw that video a couple of days ago and wondered what stops you simply over lifting the pins and bringing them down to a set?
The lock seems geared up to lifting to the correct height or a false set but not against lifting as far as a stack will go then coming down the the first set of each stack.
If overlifting works impressioning would also be a very viable option.
<<

Squelchtone

Post Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:25 am

Thank you for sharing, that's a very interesting design. It's fun to watch and notice different elements from other lock designs over the years put together into one lock. I toyed around with the idea of a side chamber next to the main stacks that would not allow turning the plug at all unless all the pins were at shear line. IT used a system of little ball bearings that were spring biased, and could also trigger an alarm if it detected stacks being picked, since it is impossible for a proper key to lift the deepest pin stack first.

Makes me want to get back to working on that lock, thanks for the inspiration!
Squelchtone
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:13 pm

Visitor wrote:I saw that video a couple of days ago and wondered what stops you simply over lifting the pins and bringing them down to a set?
The lock seems geared up to lifting to the correct height or a false set but not against lifting as far as a stack will go then coming down the the first set of each stack.
If overlifting works impressioning would also be a very viable option.

Wouldn't the "first set" on each stack be the first master wafer ( or any wafer )? The plug would turn the first 20 degrees or so and lock up solid because the side bar would still be locked? Anyway, that's what I'm seeing. Please tell me if I'm not following!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

Visitor

Post Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:03 am

I would need to see it again to be sure, I only watched it the once so you could very well be right.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:40 am

Yeah it false set after false set and its the Cylinders travel in the false set that stands out it's some distance away
for counter rotation would like to see a second tension wrench in the picking process to counter this
Again look forward to future attempts on this ... Never say never around here or unpickable
BUT Control on picking this is frustrating as a full reset is warranted ....ending in failure
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:44 pm

Watch the next installment using two tension wrenches and pickgun ... Did he pick it ! https://youtu.be/q9yoG04kTJM
To quote Mr paradise 3 hrs ago said " No worky " when asked if he had tried bumping the lock
And as full control on rotation useing the 2 wrenches in this attempt ...

Return to Lock Picking