FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Picking a Van Lock Padlock (Removable Core)

<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:00 am

Picking a Van Lock Padlock (Removable Core)

So i got these VANLOCK padlocks, KD. one with one key and one unlocked without a key:

3 pieces disassembled:

I havent been able to find any threads or YT videos that present a picking technique that would work on this padlock without DE...

once picked and out, I can get the core rekeyed to the same key as the other padlock.

I would like to get the core picked and out in the most NDE way possible.

*** currently there is no way to back tension the cam inside the padlock in this state without modification to the cam. ***

thanks in advance for the help.
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:27 am

Re: Picking a Van Lock Padlock (Removable Core)

Gday Mac,

Has anyone considered tensioning this lock via the pin holes, the same as the key would do? I'm thinking that if you make a tool similar to a tubular lock tool, with 2 prongs spaced apart to fit into the 2 pin holes opposite one another you could tension it like that. Obviously you would have to push the pins down a little to fit the tool in, and this could potentially overset the pins, but if you insert the tool minimally, surely you will be able to find a set of pins on the lock face that require setting deeper than the amount you have put the tool in. IE, insert the tool and try picking it, if no pins are bound, the tool may have overset the pins, so move it around a set, and try again. When you find that the tool is in, and a pin other than where the tool is is bound, then you could assume that its not oversetting, and you can pick away. Once like this, you can treat the two pins where the tool is as normal, check them for tension, and pick them, ie depress them furthur if need be.

I'm thinking you could make a tool with a diameter that fitted three different sets of pins on the lock face. The sets are marked below.

I should think the above would work? Anyone want to chime in here?

adi_picker
<<

JamesOzment1

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:31 am

excellent job macgng did you do the dishes first?
<<

macgng

Post Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:40 am

adi_picker: gonna try to use the sparrows tool like that, problem is keeping it tensioned. worth a shot. thanks.
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.

Return to Lock Picking