FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Abus Fetish

<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Abus Fetish

I must say I'm a sucker for these locks - I find they're tons of fun to pick, especially the 55/50. The keyway on it gives a bit of a challenge.
It kinda drives me crazy though; I can pick the Diskus 28/70 like it's nothing, I kinda just look at it weird and it opens but I cannot for the life of me pick open a Master Diskus.
Anyways, I just thought I'd share my love of these locks, they can be quite fun.
What are your techniques? I find the tolerances can make SPPing a bit hard but they rake open rather well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Re: Abus Fetish

Check out the Abus TS-5000 ;)
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:26 pm

I should probably edit my post to say I USED to be a sucker for those locks.. what a nightmare of an Abus.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:27 pm

About picking them... I've had my fair share of Abus padlocks. On literally every single one of them the pin configuration was like this:

:spool: :stddriver: :spool: :spool: :spool: :spool:

or

:stddriver: :spool: :spool: :spool: :spool: :spool:

You always seem to want to set that :stddriver: because it is wider on the shearline and "binds" first but isn't actually the true binding pin. What usually ends up happening is I pick the :stddriver: , immediate false set, then find a binding spool, lift, it, set it, and the :stddriver: drops back down keeping that spool set then you lose the false set until you raise it again. Rinse and repeat until it opens. You can actually set the spools before the :stddriver: if you try hard enough and the lock lets you. As far as the keyway goes, they're kind of Yale-like with that annoying curve. You just have to practice pick-twisting or angling off the warding with a shallow hook.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:41 pm

You want an easier ABUS? How about this core that came in an ABUS 83/80:

And the key:

It should be easier than the TS-5000!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Want.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Neilau

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:38 pm

I bought an Abus disk recently, hoping to get a bit of a challenge - what a disappointment. As you said, look at it angrily and they open.

I have opened a lot of Master disks (about 25 -30) and have never found a difficult one, ever. Use a half diamond (small) and rake/jiggle, it should pop fairly easily. I admit that I haven't SPP one yet. That is a skill that I am just developing. I am a fair old scrubber though. :mrgreen:

For a real challenge try a Lockwood disc. Only four (small) pins and several spools but VERY well made. - Ask Oldfast.

If you want to try one and can't get them. PM me and maybe we can arrange a trade.

Cheers.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.

Return to Abus