FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Abus 83ic- Bad Reviews On Amazon

<<

RJ Robert James

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:33 pm

Abus 83ic- Bad Reviews On Amazon

I find this funnyImage
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:39 am

Re: Abus 83ic- Bad Reviews On Amazon

This lock takes a Best core...so if someone bought it not knowing they need to provide a core, I could see the confusion.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

RJ Robert James

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:47 pm

jeffmoss26 wrote:This lock takes a Best core...so if someone bought it not knowing they need to provide a core, I could see the confusion.

Yeah sure maybe a picture of the bottom of the lock should be added, but if you don't read or understand the the name or description of the item you are purchasing ....don't leave a negative review.
<<

Thirsty1

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:24 am

I bought an 83cs/55 of Amazon and it came in the mail last night. It came with a schlage core that was zero bitted and a blank key. Zero bitted means the blank key turns it. I needed a kwikset core, but I have an spare brass 83 and I just swapped the core in. Works perfectly.

I'll get some schlage pins soon and key the brass 83 to match something. My local locksmith charged me $15 a couple of months ago to rekey one of my other 83's! (I brought it to his shop!) His greed caused me to figure out how to do this on my own. These abus are super easy to repin. Love it.
<<

Random

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:19 am

Thirsty1 wrote:I bought an 83cs/55 of Amazon and it came in the mail last night. It came with a schlage core that was zero bitted and a blank key. Zero bitted means the blank key turns it. I needed a kwikset core, but I have an spare brass 83 and I just swapped the core in. Works perfectly.

I'll get some schlage pins soon and key the brass 83 to match something. My local locksmith charged me $15 a couple of months ago to rekey one of my other 83's! (I brought it to his shop!) His greed caused me to figure out how to do this on my own. These abus are super easy to repin. Love it.

In his defence you can't call it greed, the guy needs to make a living.
<<

just1pick+open

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:07 pm

:agree:
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:50 pm

That is a fairly standard price to rekey a Schlage.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Rumball Solutions

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:47 pm

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Guy has to get return on investment for the pinning kit, cover any overheads for operating the shop/business and cover his own wage/insurance costs. $15 seems pretty reasonable now doesn't it?
<<

Thirsty1

Post Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:19 pm

It's $7 if I take a regular door knob or deadbolt to the hardware store and let them rekey it. And you have to pull the core and run a follower up in those.

I just bought a $50 kit off ebay with the master pins and I've got at least 4 more locks at work that need to be rekeyed. It's gonna come in handy.

Return to Abus