FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ASSA SCB 7-Pin cylinder with trap pins

<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed May 18, 2011 6:34 am

Re: ASSA SCB 7-Pin cylinder with trap pins

This lock has it all. I want one bad!
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed May 18, 2011 7:51 am

If that had a Twin system inside, it would be a killer lock.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

ImSchatten360

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 18, 2011 9:17 am

I want one :-)
http://www.youtube.com/ImSchatten360 Wanted: Bilock, For Sale: ASSA RUKO 3
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 19, 2011 1:18 pm

Wizer wrote:Hi, guys!
The letters SCD or SCB are short for Security Cylinder Drillprotected, and the same in Swedish. I think the model is 700-series?
Its kind of hard for me to explain the function of the trap pins, but I´ll try;
There is a pinstack with two pins and a spring parallel to the keyway for each of the trap pins. The actual trap pins rests on the shearlines of these additional stacks, and when the trap fires, you can not push the pin back into chamber because sring pushes a pin to the way.
When the lock is not fitted and you have no key stuck in the keyway you can pick the shearline open with a needle from the hole in the top, hold it open and then pick the trap pin through the keyway.
I had three opf these locks, one now traded, one fired its trap with a key in the lock, so I had to dremmell ity a little, and the third... I don´t know if I want to trade it.

-Wizer

Hey Wizer thanks for chiming in with this helpful information! With yours, how did the trap pin drop in with the key inserted?
Howdy!
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 19, 2011 9:40 pm

When I got the locks, I was soon frustrated because I could not get the lock out of false set. So I took the lid off from the top of cylinder and got the pins out. The empty cylinder fired a trap pin and I got it back the way I explained earlier. I got curious and thought that the lock needed at least one key pin in the last chamber to pervent the trap firing. WRONG! Its not enough, now I had the key stuck in a lock with nothing but one key pin and the trap pins inside. I widened the hole you see on the back of cylinder to get out the pinstack locking the trap pin, then turned the cylinder upside down and after some shaking dropped the pin out of keyway back into housing. I only destroyed the trap pin function on the lock, otherwise its all good. I have picked it several times with 5 pins, once or twise with 6 pins, and nevwr with 7 pins. Good luck with your lock. Just go ahead and try to get it picked, as long as the keyway is open you can get it out of trap.
Previous

Return to ASSA/Abloy