FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

how to pick abloy classic

<<

idanhurja

Post Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:08 am

how to pick abloy classic

I did a video how to pick an abloy classic lock using 2in1 pick
https://youtu.be/tiP01ohWmBA
<<

Visitor

Post Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:03 am

Re: how to pick abloy classic

Just my opinion but you should be adding content to the site with a write up instead of fishing for likes and subscribes on YouTube, seems a bit cheeky to join up and use the forum like this but like I say just my opinion.
<<

idanhurja

Post Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:01 am

Thanks for you opinion!
I considered it differently: Main target was to share ideas/hints for the locksport community.
At least based on the gooleing I have done, I have not been able to find similar ideas from the others earlier.
Much easier to explane this kind of concept as a video compared to write it here.
Comments also wellcome related to this picking guide: how picking could be further improved / was there some misunderstanding?
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:29 am

Hi,
The video is pretty clear and understandable.
A couple things got my attention. -Abloy Classic only needs one number 0 (uncut) disc in the bottom. Second disc can have different cut, so make that tensioner smaller..
The outmost disc is usually a zero. Unless a smaller cam lock has been keyed to accept a longer key.
Zeroing the discs (turning all 90 degrees) in my opinion is good practice because it will set those first and last disc at least, and give better feedback on the rest because minimum of 2 discs are set already.
Old locks have an empty space in the bottom of the keyway so the second cut will be actually the deepest disc (zero). This is usually accompanied with an un moveable 5-disc (90degrees cut), so you can not zero the discs with a blank or similar..
I hope I made some sense and could help you a little on your quest to beat Abloy.
-Wizer
<<

idanhurja

Post Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:35 am

Big thanks for sharing you knowledge, I got feeling that you have very detailed understanding of this lock model!

comments to your comments:

1. second disk may have different cut:
- good to know this. I have not seen this type of lock so far, so maybe they are not so common. Smaller tensioner will handle this. I will make one, so can handle this.

2. outmost disc not zero if smaller lock keyed for longer key
- Good point! Actually in our summer cottage we have this kind of lock in some storage.

3. zeroing discs in the beginning
- well reasoned

4. old locks with unmovable 5disk with 90dec cut. and can not zero disks
- to understand this would require to see an example photo / something
- good to know if for some lock can not zero disks with a blank its then this type of lock, not same broken one.
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:48 pm

Before Huxleypig -a member here made his famous pick and it got replicated it used to be very difficult to find info on picking Abloy. Not that it is easy to pick even with the right tools..
Here you can see an example of my attempts. http://keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=1323&hilit=abloy+abloy+classic#p11961
<<

idanhurja

Post Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:54 pm

Thanks for sharing that oldish discussion, you had a nice concept for abloy classic pick design! Was really interesting to read it through.
Definetely there are not too many as experienced locksporters in finland as you are.
Was it your original pick design (that Hux refers to in some doc) that no longer functioning after abloy added those antipick discs? I mean Haoshi pick that they still selling.

I spend also some time last Autumn trying to develop own classic pick concept, 0-5-0 cut was no go for all my pick designs. Then gave up and googled concept that Hux made commonly known.
Then made a replica of that and managed to get it functioning.
Its always a great moment when manage to pick an abloy classic!

Now I am playing with an auto manipulator concept for SG 6731 with my friends. Interesting to see if we are able to get it function reliable enough.
This is much more in my comfortable zone: real time embedded programming including sensors, drives and motors.

Btw: I added your valuable comments related to classic picking to my ytvideo as comment.
<<

Hoarder

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:41 pm

I've had an alloy classic give me fits with that combo. Put an Allen wrench in the set screw to increase tension and snap - open

Return to ASSA/Abloy