FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

UAP plus + euro picked - gutted - review

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:14 pm

UAP plus + euro picked - gutted - review

UAP + euro with the zero tolerant pin ! interesting pick
three anti pick pins a over-sized pin - hence zero tolerant for picking and 3 anti drill pins.

the keys lowest cut or bitting is the location of the zero pin and.... key cutting info to come.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Re: UAP plus + euro

How would an oversize pin make it 'zero tolerance' for picking? If must have some tolerance, or the lock would jam all the time. Or is that just more marketing hype, like Master being 'Maximum Security'? Look forward to learning more about this when you post it.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:04 pm

lol ...see the pin in photo id say its zero tolerant

please see below ! no zero bullet pin to stop a bumping attempt was found in the locks I pulled apart and no 0 cut on keys either.

Come on UAP :???: we require a better as promised product in future
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:54 pm

Ahh, so they mean it has no tolerance for being lifted - very long pin to reduce picking space, and it it is lifted at all, it will be overlifted. It would be difficult to set a spool behind that pin for certain.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:14 pm

Its a bitch to pick Gordon with the nu :10 key pin in the way .. but no the zero tolerant larger driver pin is the lowest cut on key not the deepest

I have only just received these today and even had to google the km561977 uap licence as my old ones have just the uap + on front.

sorry for the confusion ... I need to pull the cores on both locks and compare the cutting order.

kind regards ringo
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:11 am

These are my findings today on the UAP + 1 star euro cylinder

NO Zero tolerant driver or key pin :soldier: it is a 3 cut - bitting on key also ! not at all like the licence states and as far as I see it will not stop a bumping attempt :bs:

the nu : 10 pin is present and is on shear so no over lifting on this pin or lock

UAP Licence attached it is available to view online ! please remove admin- mods if this breaks any rules

see photos to come
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Re: UAP plus + euro picked - gutted - review

Thought this thread needed a bit more info ! :geek:

so after making a code cutting card for this lock and cutting my first code cut keys .

I went that extra mile and came up with this special bump set ... nice to have it in the bag :D

Return to Hi-Security Locks