FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Van Locks

<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Re: Van Locks

Good work ImSchatten360. If I'm not mistaken that's a vanamatic isn't it? That's exactly how I pick those too.

The 7 pin tubulars could also theoretically be used as a self impressioning tool too - if you take the face of a key you can use it to line the tubular pick tynes up nicely. I've tried this but I have not had any success with the technique.
<<

ImSchatten360

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:46 pm

@huxleypig: I just looked up Vanamatic. Didnt know Vanlock has such a system. I bought my lock on ebay with two white keys. So I cant change anything. But nevertheless a nice toy. I will try to use the tip of the key in combination with the Klom tool. I really want it to work :akimbo:
http://www.youtube.com/ImSchatten360 Wanted: Bilock, For Sale: ASSA RUKO 3
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:18 am

ImSchatten360 wrote:@huxleypig: I just looked up Vanamatic. Didnt know Vanlock has such a system. I bought my lock on ebay with two white keys. So I cant change anything. But nevertheless a nice toy. I will try to use the tip of the key in combination with the Klom tool. I really want it to work :akimbo:

I have a few Vanamatic's and the colour on the key corresponds to what position the lock has been moved to. I don't have any change keys for mine either unfortunately. You can tell if it's a Vanamatic by 1) the amount of metal that forms the edge of the lock and 2) try picking it again but this time use different holes to tension/try to push the pins to different depths. If it's a Vanamatic then you will be able to pick it using many, many different pin combinations.

**EDIT** I forgot to mention it but I really wanted the technique to work too, the commercial pick works on the exact same principle of self impressioning but just using the pin chambers themselves to apply tension.
Last edited by huxleypig on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

houdini1

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:39 am

you can also buy the commercial pick which is ready available which i own about £500 £550
<<

ImSchatten360

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:58 pm

In my opinion a regular tubular pick doesnt work. The wires are to thin for tensioning the lock. I guess you really need to modify it (wires that exactly fit in the holes). I dont really feel like doing it at the moment. The locks are just not common enough in Germany :-)
http://www.youtube.com/ImSchatten360 Wanted: Bilock, For Sale: ASSA RUKO 3
Previous

Return to Hi-Security Locks