FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ABLOY GROOVE -THE NEWEST KEYING PLATFORM

<<

Bulgaro

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:32 pm

ABLOY GROOVE -THE NEWEST KEYING PLATFORM

ABLOY GROOVE COMBINING THE BEST FEATURES OF DIFFERENT LOCKING TECHNOLOGIES

NEW POSSIBILITIES FOR COMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS.
Flexible and secure ABLOY GROOVE is ideally suited for comercial properties ,officies,schools,and large residentials buildings.
The high number of key combinations provide possibility to create extensive masterkey systems without compromising security.In addition to doors GROOVE secures office cabinets,display cases,lockers and storage spaces.Naturally all of themcan be operated wth just a single key.
New patented features in GROOVE key and cylinders have worldwide patents which are valid until 2033.Controled distribution of key blanks and profile ensures the highest level of key security tailored to your exact needs

ABLOY GROOVE is the latest proof of Abloy's lifelong commitment to the continuos development of the unique rotating disc cylinder techology.this revolutionary mechanical locking systemdeliversexceptional security ,almost infinite number of key combinations and brings the user experience to to a whole new level .
GROOVE adapts to your changing needs and offers you an uncompromising solution far into the future

UNIQUE KEY DESIGN
Three curved combination grooves on the U-shaped key shaftmake unathorized production difficult and higly unlikely

13,8 BILLION KEY COMBINATIONS
Superior masterkeying possibilities without compromising security of the system

INSTANT OPENING
The locks open inmediately when the right key is fully inserted and started to turn

ERGONOMIC KEYBOW
Keybow is pleasing to handle due to it's ergonomic and user-frendly design

DISC BLOCKING SYSTEM (DBS)
Disc blocking bars stop attempts to manipulatethe discs

DOUBLE SIDE EMERGENCY FUNCTION
Lock can be opened with authorized key even if there is another key turned in the cylinder on the other side
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:47 pm

Re: ABLOY GROOVE -THE NEWEST KEYING PLATFORM

Whoa, that is neat.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:44 pm

Is this new? Probably, since I can't find anything about it online except here :)
The year the patent protection expires would imply the patent was filed in 2013.

Reminds me of DOM Diamant somehow?
<<

Bulgaro

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Patrick Star wrote:Is this new? Probably, since I can't find anything about it online except here :)
The year the patent protection expires would imply the patent was filed in 2013.

2033 not 2013.
This is the newest from Abloy.You can not find anything about ABLOY GROOVE because this is the first publication.
<<

Bulgaro

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:58 pm

Riyame wrote:Whoa, that is neat.

Thanks.This is the future
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:08 pm

Bulgaro wrote:INSTANT OPENING
The locks open inmediately when the right key is fully inserted and started to turn

Do you know what that means? It sounds like the bit in the middle (don't know the name) is turning faster than the key?

Is the key part with the encoding fully fixed to the rest of the key or is it somehow movable?

Thanks
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Patrick Star

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Bulgaro wrote:2033 not 2013.
This is the newest from Abloy.You can not find anything about ABLOY GROOVE because this is the first publication.

Yes - patents generally have a 20 year lifespan. So if the patent is valid to 2033, it was issued in 2013.

PSPFS (Patrick Star's Patent Finder Service) located this: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/8689595.html which seems related but not exactly the same.

MartinHewitt wrote:Do you know what that means? It sounds like the bit in the middle (don't know the name) is turning faster than the key?

From the not-exactly-the-same patent I found it would seem that the lock is tensioned/turned by the groove on the key.
Patent US8689595 wrote:The groove comprises a bottom section and side sections that are transverse to the bottom section between the bottom section and the outer surface of the key shank. The bottom section of the groove is the key's main driving surface used to transfer turning force to the disc tumbler cylinder lock. This reduces wear on the O-surfaces of the key because the O-surfaces do not transfer the majority or any of the key turning force to the disc tumbler cylinder lock
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:33 pm

WOAH! thats insane! gotta get one! :D
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

Squelchtone

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:33 pm

Patrick Star wrote:Is this new? Probably, since I can't find anything about it online except here :)

BKS Janus came to my mind for some reason when I first saw the keyway (not the key though)

good call on the Diamant.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:53 am

I've had the nod on this for a while. The REAL question is...have you picked one yet?
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:56 am

MartinHewitt wrote:

Do you know what that means? It sounds like the bit in the middle (don't know the name) is turning faster than the key?

Is the key part with the encoding fully fixed to the rest of the key or is it somehow movable?

Thanks

It means the discs scramble around to their positions as you insert the key. Unlike Abloy's previous incarnations, where you would need to rotate 90 degrees after insertion.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:28 am

huxleypig wrote:
MartinHewitt wrote:

It means the discs scramble around to their positions as you insert the key. Unlike Abloy's previous incarnations, where you would need to rotate 90 degrees after insertion.

That makes sense! Thanks!
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:46 am

huxleypig wrote:I've had the nod on this for a while. The REAL question is...have you picked one yet?

So, how soon will you have a pick out for this one Hux? :lol:
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:13 am

I recall seeing a patent for a round evva 3KS key .. Don't think it made it into production.
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.
<<

Bulgaro

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:40 am

huxleypig wrote:I've had the nod on this for a while. The REAL question is...have you picked one yet?

No.I Dont know how to pick it.
Here there is one cutaway ABLOY GROOVE.Later will make photos and video and will show the lock inside.Will be interest for you.
Next

Return to Hi-Security Locks