FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ABLOY GROOVE -THE NEWEST KEYING PLATFORM

<<

Patrick Star

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:03 am

Re: ABLOY GROOVE -THE NEWEST KEYING PLATFORM

Gutshots would be really nice!
Yes - newer Abloy locks are a bitch to reassemble, but take one for the team :)
<<

Squelchtone

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:07 am

huxleypig wrote:
MartinHewitt wrote:
Bulgaro wrote:INSTANT OPENING
The locks open inmediately when the right key is fully inserted and started to turn

Do you know what that means? It sounds like the bit in the middle (don't know the name) is turning faster than the key?

Is the key part with the encoding fully fixed to the rest of the key or is it somehow movable?

Thanks

It means the discs scramble around to their positions as you insert the key. Unlike Abloy's previous incarnations, where you would need to rotate 90 degrees after insertion.

Wonder if you could tension the center post and then insert a 2nd tool on the left or right to turn discs manually and feel for them like the Jaakko or Huxleys tools can feel when you have friction/binding or no friction/binding in the rotation at certain angles to detect a gate.

Squelchtone
<<

Patrick Star

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:03 am

Squelchtone wrote:Wonder if you could tension the center post and then insert a 2nd tool on the left or right to turn discs manually and feel for them like the Jaakko or Huxleys tools can feel when you have friction/binding or no friction/binding in the rotation at certain angles to detect a gate.

According to the scanned marketing material at the start of the thread, it has DBS like Protec. So, no.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Bulgaro wrote:
huxleypig wrote:I've had the nod on this for a while. The REAL question is...have you picked one yet?

No.I Dont know how to pick it.
Here there is one cutaway ABLOY GROOVE.Later will make photos and video and will show the lock inside.Will be interest for you.

It would be very interesting. I would like the actual thing but until then a breakdown will have to do. :smile: From the pictures above it looks like Abloy changed one or two little things but I can see one or two issues.

**EDIT** On the cover of the marketing blurb it says "They said it was impossible". Who said what was impossible? **EDIT**
Last edited by huxleypig on Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

metalworm

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:05 pm

intresting, i was about to go and searc fore new locks for my home and i dident like anything i lookt at

but, i live in sweden and assa and abloy is the same company and its realy difficult to shop abloy here

? when is this out fore normal shopping
<<

Patrick Star

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:25 pm

Or just get a Protec/Protec2 - there might be a while before this is available as Scandinavian cylinders. If ever.
Either order from https://securitysnobs.com/ or place an order with an ASSA/ABLOY locksmith - even if they don't normally sell Protec cylinders they are often able to.
<<

Bulgaro

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:39 pm

metalworm wrote:intresting, i was about to go and searc fore new locks for my home and i dident like anything i lookt at

but, i live in sweden and assa and abloy is the same company and its realy difficult to shop abloy here

February.On all ebay sites,all amazon sites and tradera.com
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:21 am

I would love to take a shot at making a cutaway of one ;)
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

metalworm

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:24 pm

ok, i will wait fore it and see whats everyone hera says about it :smile:
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Squelchtone wrote:
huxleypig wrote:
MartinHewitt wrote:
Bulgaro wrote:INSTANT OPENING
The locks open inmediately when the right key is fully inserted and started to turn

Do you know what that means? It sounds like the bit in the middle (don't know the name) is turning faster than the key?

Is the key part with the encoding fully fixed to the rest of the key or is it somehow movable?

Thanks

It means the discs scramble around to their positions as you insert the key. Unlike Abloy's previous incarnations, where you would need to rotate 90 degrees after insertion.

Wonder if you could tension the center post and then insert a 2nd tool on the left or right to turn discs manually and feel for them like the Jaakko or Huxleys tools can feel when you have friction/binding or no friction/binding in the rotation at certain angles to detect a gate.

Squelchtone

Good luck, I was one of the few who saw the prototypes of this lock and had a bit of say in what is good and what is not ;) And yeah, this was years ago, I think 2012 or so.

The key bow is of interest to me, as the original was designed so that a blind person could use it. I wonder if it went to the production model at all?
<<

Patrick Star

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:Good luck, I was one of the few who saw the prototypes of this lock and had a bit of say in what is good and what is not ;) And yeah, this was years ago, I think 2012 or so.

Details, please!

The key bow is of interest to me, as the original was designed so that a blind person could use it. I wonder if it went to the production model at all?

Unlike normal keys that require you to visually read the key code and set that in the lock? That's how I always do it atleast :)
<<

Patrick Star

Post Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:11 am

So, anyone happens to know whether this will be available in Scandinavian round cylinders anytime soon?
Or should I just get a Protec for this door that needs a new lock sometime soon?
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:02 pm

Well, in the interim, here is something to get you wet.

<<

droshi

Familiar Face

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:01 am

Bulgaro wrote:
metalworm wrote:intresting, i was about to go and searc fore new locks for my home and i dident like anything i lookt at

On Amazon:
We found 0 results for "abloy groove"

I also tried eBay, tradera and throwing money at my computer, but nothing worked.

I was hoping to get my GROOVE on, but what happened?
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:06 pm

droshi wrote:
Bulgaro wrote:

On Amazon:
We found 0 results for "abloy groove"

I also tried eBay, tradera and throwing money at my computer, but nothing worked.

I was hoping to get my GROOVE on, but what happened?

Ditto. I'd love to get my hands on one of those.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
PreviousNext

Return to Hi-Security Locks