FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Crime? if theres no law

<<

gnarus8429

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Re: Crime? if theres no law

Wow lots down with man here. Well I am the man ( I guess) a full time police Detective. First let me say I agree there are dumb asses in every field to include law enforcement. Every one of those people, especially the cops, should get called on the carpet for crap like that. I have had to plant GPS units in bad cops police vehicles quite a few times and been a part of removing them from duty. So I agree they are out there. By and large that is not the case. I teach cops all over the country so I have got meet, work, and drink beer (that is where the truth comes out) with cops in about half the states in the US. They are mostly all good people.

I was part of a trial awhile back a young lady had been beaten to death in a hotel room. I spent months working on that case. Away from family to help another family find the man that murdered their daughter. We caught the guy, put him in jail, had a trial (with 12 people, not unlike yourselves making the call), he was convicted. The officers that worked the case had an entire row in the courtroom and sat behind the family for the length of the three week trial in a show of support and solidarity. That wasn't the cool part though. The cool part was when they read the verdict of guilty. Her mother wept and went down that row of police officers, hugged and thanked every one on behalf of her daughter. That is why I go to work everyday.

Here is the good news. Is that we are used to this stuff on the internet, in the paper, and even spray painted on our cars in the driveways of our homes. So when its your wife, child, or parent that has been assaulted, kidnapped, or murdered we will still come. We will still work hard. We will still give a jury all the information they need to make an informed choice. I will still sit with your family. You don't even have to hug me. That last one should last for awhile.
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
-Albert Einstein
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed May 21, 2014 8:02 am

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014 ... -his-face/

Probably a small government politician,
as steven colbert said at the bush roast the government that governs least governs best and bush put a great government in iraq

The honest cop is very rare. most are bullies in it for there ego gratification
used to be different, but now they are paramilitary thugs with no respect for law

We live in a government by people in power, not government by laws. Judges don't even know the laws, they protect the institutionalized corruption.

police typically show up after the battle and loot the survivors when you need protection they are only hours away

If that new lie detector works it should be used weekly on police by an external organization.
<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 21, 2014 12:49 pm

Police are made to meet quotas.. I give no respect to a system where it's already established that a certain amount of people are presumably going to break the law. That's NOT crime prevention at all. My spring assisted knife makes me feel safer than a cop ever has. I've been pulled over numerous times for absolutely no reason. One excuse was, you look like someone I wanted to talk to. What a load of shit.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 22, 2014 7:29 am

Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.

Police routinely cite some case where they got it right because it was easy to solve, then expect everyone to swallow the routine harrassment and intimidation that they committ every day against the whole population and expect us to fearfully thank them for it.

there was a post on borderlandbeat, about the police and government of michoacan where a spokes person from the federal govenment said that 90 percent of the police in that state of mexico were corrupt.

some one replied that its impossible that 90 percent were corrupt and 10 percent were not. because the ten percent would not survive alive. one bad apple spoils the bushel is true. accomplice after the fact is just part of the job.

Police integrity is an issue that is fought against by every 'brotherhood of corrupt police' in the country. They do not want to be questioned by the people.

They protect and serve themselves and cannot be voted out or fired at all. There is no mechanism to police them. case in point is the coverup of the Metro gang strikeforce in the twin cities here. the investigation was a complete shame and sham it was fixed from the beginning.
in that case there was one officer who did the right thing and reported this gang to the state official incharge of standards and training. then the coverup/investigation was set up to fail and did. the felons with badges got to keep most of what they stole and the taxpayers paid the bill.
the mpls and stpd both have a code of conduct and a code of ethics posted on their websites, and I have never met an officer who lived up to it. Its completely irrelevant both cities have long and unbroken histories of corruption about a hundred years of it. One Stpaul police chief, Tom Brown was even in a kidnapping gang.
Just as the bill of rights is irrelevant unless you are rich enough to hire the lawyers to get a court to recognize these rights "a posteriori" the police count on this and do not harrass the rich and politically connected.

those rights are a priori, and should be respected from first contact, but the paramilitarys that have replaced the civilian police are not held to any standard and can and do daily get away with all sorts of intimidation and harrassment. type in bad police on youtube and see what they all do and what the others know and cover up about.
no wonder people don't trust them after they have had an encounter with them.

the cases that they do get right should not be used to justify the abuses that they all do and know about. They get paid to do it right and they occasionally will do it right. mostly though its just repression, they hate our rights and especially someone who knows that
eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
<<

flywheel

Post Thu May 22, 2014 8:23 am

Thank god for cellphone cameras. You can save yourself or someone else by ALWAYS recording when police are near.

Get live streaming (also saves a copy to the cloud) apps like Bambuser and Dropbox. Know how to use them and what to expect from their performance.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Thu May 22, 2014 8:44 am

http://www.pottsmerc.com/general-news/2 ... rant-in-pa

There goes some more of our rights out the window :bird: 5 years in prison and $10k fine if you have a secret compartment in your car. Even if it's empty!
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 22, 2014 8:54 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Brown_ ... e_chief%29

there has never been any thing like serpico in the twin cities, the coverups are run by the hennipen and ramsey county prosecutors office

the judges just make sure that the poor always lose and the rich always win, they ignore all laws that do not ensure this.

Once mayor fraser confronted the police gangsters at Shieks nudy bar, and the 50 or so worst cases threatened to resign, so fraser backed down
that was the closest we ever were to solving the hugely expensive problem of criminals with badges.

if only fraser had accepted those resignations, there has never been a commission to weed out the thugs thieves and murderers with badges.
like the nypd once had. although nypd never learned anything from these Was it the knapp or mollen commission in NY?
but this country badly need to put a lot of the bad apples thousands of them on video all day long and then use the new lie detector being developed at Stout State U of W on them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_C ... onvictions

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Devil-Pol ... 0975912534

http://www.uwstout.edu/spotlight/Lie-detection.cfm
<<

squirrelcop

Post Fri May 23, 2014 4:06 am

When did this become the Rai Complaining.com
Maintain Right
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri May 23, 2014 6:34 am

When did the bill of rights get buried by lawyers judges and cops? I still take it seriously as the social contract from which all legitimate authority derives. Authority that does not respect the bill of rights is illegitimate and comes only from the barrel of a gun.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Fri May 23, 2014 7:58 am

rai wrote:When did the bill of rights get buried by lawyers judges and cops? I still take it seriously as the social contract from which all legitimate authority derives. Authority that does not respect the bill of rights is illegitimate and comes only from the barrel of a gun.

I'm with you there! :akimbo:
<<

squirrelcop

Post Sat May 24, 2014 7:52 am

http://www.noozhawk.com/article/multipl ... a_20140523

6 dead and 7 wounded by man who proclaimed he would "utterly annihilate" the world and leave "mountains of skulls and rivers of blood"

Police engaged the gunman on several occasions before he was stopped with a bullet to the head.

I guess they were out "protecting and serving themselves" right, Rai?

The "brotherhood of corrupt police" was out in force, Rai.

"Thugs" were out "doing the dirty work", verz.

You guys are full of such utter shit about police. Police officers sacrifice so much for you, while you sneer and hate them. You cry that you have no freedom, while you sit in the lap of luxury in the United States, enjoying prosperity, freedom, and safety that do not exist together anywhere else in the world. Rai, you suffered an indignity and inconvenience while the police searched for a suspect. That sucks, it really does. But you weren't shot or imprisoned or beaten, as you might have been in other parts of the world, and you cry like the victim of a war-crime. You think you live in a police state? You think the Constitution and Bill of Rights are mere pieces of paper? I call bullshit. I call that you have no leg to stand on here. I call that you watch popular alarmist media and drink the coolaid. The US is not a police state. It isnt even close! Your freedoms are so very sacred to the police. But the police have a DUTY to fulfill. A DUTY to pursue and apprehend the evil-doers. A DUTY to apprehend criminals. A DUTY to enforce the law. If that duty caused you to suffer an indignity and inconvenience, tough shit. Put on your big boy pants and move on. If you get stopped and cited? Tough shit. Put your big boy pants on and move on. Traffic tickets keep people from blowing stop signs and speeding. This saves lives. Statistical fact. Everything that the police do is for a reason. If you dont like it, move to Somalia for a month and come back and reconsider your perception of Freedom. Go to Mexico for a month and come back and reconsider your perception of police corruption.
Maintain Right
<<

LockManipulator

Post Sat May 24, 2014 8:13 am

squirrelcop wrote:http://www.noozhawk.com/article/multiple_shootings_reported_in_isla_vista_20140523

But the police have a DUTY to fulfill. A DUTY to pursue and apprehend the evil-doers. A DUTY to apprehend criminals. A DUTY to enforce the law.

Oh yeah, because people have proven throughout history that they are so reliable when it comes to power. You provided a link to a shooting by citizens with guns. But I can provide many more links about all the police brutality and abusing of their powers. That's way more common than a shooting like that! In the article you linked to, the sheriff says
“This obviously was the work of a mad man,”
. So using them as an example for the civilians in the rest of the nation isn't correct. You know what most psychotic people do? They join the police, the military, anything that gives them power. The police are so corrupt in many places, especially here in Florida. Oh I agree that they are needed, but never believe that they only do good. The bad they do is in a quite significant amount too. Many innocent Americans have been jailed because the cop tells them to confess so that it'll make it easier for them to catch the real bad guy. Cops don't care about catching the guilty, they just want someone behind bars.

squirrelcop wrote:move to Somalia for a month and come back and reconsider your perception of Freedom

The difference is that they don't hide how they are. There's no mask they put on and declare one thing while all the while doing the opposite. One of America's key principles is innocent until proven guilty and I believe it's better for a guilty person to walk than for an innocent person to be jailed. Nowadays, that not true anymore. Cops have the power to act on made up evidence. If there's not enough evidence to warrant a search, then they shouldn't be searching! Yeah it's a minor nuisance but it's the point that matters; that our rights are being violated and we cannot get relaxed in that. We have to look at what they are ABLE to do, not just legally, but ABLE to do and have no serious retribution because of our lack of power. Because we can't rely on their kindness to stop them from doing it; they will do it and they do actually do it.

EDIT: Sorry if I'm coming off as rude, I'm just trying to explain how I see it. I mean no disrespect to any of you :) Given the same facts, we all have different opinions
<<

squirrelcop

Post Sat May 24, 2014 8:33 am

Utter bullshit Daggers. You live in a Fox News reality. Continue thinking that way until you need the police. They will be there for you, despite your bullshit
Maintain Right
<<

LockManipulator

Post Sat May 24, 2014 8:42 am

squirrelcop wrote:Utter bullshit Daggers. You live in a Fox News reality. Continue thinking that way until you need the police. They will be there for you, despite your bullshit

I don't doubt it, they will be there. But just because they help when in need doesn't make them good. They do help when needed but then what? You think they're a bunch of goody two shoes other times? You can't wipe out their misdeeds with the good they do. They shoot unarmed citizens, use excessive force, and it's not just the cops specifically. The government kills many innocent people with drones, in other countries as well as in this one. Take a look at this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bad_Cop_No_Donut and tell me cops are only doing what's best for us.
<<

flywheel

Post Sat May 24, 2014 10:06 am

PINAC: Photography is not a crime
http://photographyisnotacrime.com/

Cato Institute: Police Misconduct
http://www.policemisconduct.net/

Jonathan Turley Blog:
http://jonathanturley.org/
PreviousNext

Return to Current Events