FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

OBAMA IS THE 44TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!!!!

<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:36 pm

Re: OBAMA IS THE 44TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!!!!

We do have very differing views. I would rather have peace than war. I am more of a "why do we have to fight to resolve problems, just talk". I know, I talk like a hippie.

Josh: I thought it was billion, hearing that it has to be 10 billion! :D
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

clodester

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:45 am

Now first off, im not American, however I do follow the national sport of party bashing/candidate bashing which seems rife in those parts. I even spent some time over there this summer, and I have to say those Obama and Mccain adverts were some of the funniest stuff i have ever seen in politics, ever. I mean it was something your would find on a caption competition on Have I got news for you.....anyway that aside.

My main points I wanted to get across are:

The two parties are in many ways too polar and spend too much time deconstructing each other and not enough time actually fixing problems

I think the fact that there party ideals haven't evolved within the last 200 years haven't helped either. I think that constitution needs to be seriously updated and that gun law needs to be removed for a start.

Freedom of speech is always a fun topic, I believe everyone to there own views and beliefs up until the point it becomes destructive, illegal, dangerous or just plain wrong. Clear example of a miss use of this law is Camp x ray....now they may or may not be terrorists, not for me to claim, however you have people being held against various human rights laws, yet IN YOUR OWN LAND....you have groups like Westboro Baptist church allowed to parade at the funerals of your heroes....why? FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND RELIGION.....

So yeah, sorry ppl theres my little rant. As to the out come of the election, I actually thought it would of been entertaining to have Obama #1 and Palin #2....ah that would of been fun, but anyway, i don't care just as long as u yank learn how to lend money right

Peace.
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:54 am

HallisChalmers wrote:
Jinglesanator wrote:
usmcboltaction wrote:#1. I think Bush was exactly what we needed after 9-11. He acted. Anyone who has ever been in a crisis situation knows that action, even bad action

I have to disagree with you there. I think that sitting and thinking about it for a while would be better than going into an unjust war and spending 10 million, (billion?) dollars for it when we should be worrying about ourselves and not attacking a sovereign nation. That's why I got a kick out of McCain's "Country First" signs. If he really wanted country first, use that 10 million dollars to help invest in our economy, or cleaner sources of energy.

Sitting and thinking about it? You mean like Jimmy Carter did when Iran took our embassy staff hostage from '79 to '81?

"Unjust war" is such a nebulous phrase. Which war specifically are you referring to? Iraq or Afghanistan? The war in Afghanistan is justified - Bin Laden and his boys hatched the 9-11 plot there, and the Taliban are there - hence we bomb the **ck out of 'em.

To be honest wit you, as far as Iraq - we should have thought that one thru a lot better. But once we've started it - we should finish it.

But, I don't know Jingles - I have a totally different mindset than you do. If someone burns my house down and kills all of my family - I seriously doubt if I'm gonna sit and think about it for a while.

I will want to see some payback - PDQ. No treaties, no peace summits, none of that crap.

To quote Jim Malone (Sean Connery) from the Untouchables: "They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue."

But hey, that's just me.

Oh man. You think fighting back after 9-11 wasn't a good choice? As Hallis said, if someone attacks me, I'm bringing it back ten fold. I just don't agree with a preemptive strike based on data that could be corrupted/wrong. If you could trust your government, well for one, you'd be a dumbass, but more for the point I was getting to... If you could trust your government to do the right thing and be on the up and up, you wouldn't have to worry about their doings. But it's all to easy to get a email from some source supporting what you want in the first place and act without further information, and that's what I don't like about the Bush Doctrine. As a whole it's way too based on nothing but information, and as we've seen in the past, that information can be greatly misleading.

As for Obama's change, I don't expect miracles, nor do I want them specifically, however there's nothing wrong with aid to those in need. It's just a matter of finding the ones who really need it.

On the topic of Iraq... I could never keep up with the war. For some reason I went to bed one night it seemed and we were in Afganoland, and I woke up the next morning and they were deploying to Iraq. I don't think Iraq was our place exactly, but I also believe that our ideas weren't completely off. Sure, going in for oil is completely uncool, but helping another nation sort their problems? I don't see the problem. I see a problem with taking to much power in a situation we honestly don't need it, but there's nothing wrong in gearing up support. The only problem I have is that our forces, our people, were put in a dangerouse spot for nothing. If the US could have been more diplomatic with their presence and worked more as a mediator behind the lines, it may have been better off in the long run for us.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Jinglesanator wrote:
HallisChalmers wrote:Yeah, right...yipee...now the gov't gets to take more money out of my pocket to support these people.
Lockylew: Fixed Quote
If you're talking about taxes, Obama's only going to raise taxes on people making over $250,000 a year.

http://emac.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2008/10/31/beware-of-congresss-threat-to-tax-401ks/

Best quote: "That means even small businesses earning less than $250,000 a year would also see their taxes go up. The capital gains and dividend tax rates would also rise as well. Obama might also impose Social Security taxes on a higher level of wages and self-employment income."
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Moose and Hallis: What I mean by this is that we were ****in up Iraq's government when we should have been fighting the "terrorists". My whole view on this is that I think we should stop fighting, has gotten us no where in 7-8 years, and our economy is taking a big shit on itself. My philosophy on this is, I think we should spend those 10 billion dollars that we spend in Iraq every month and try to break our dependence on foreign oil and invest it in our economy and clean sources of fuel.
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

m0ose

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:52 pm

Jinglesanator wrote:Moose and Hallis: What I mean by this is that we were ****in up Iraq's government when we should have been fighting the "terrorists". My whole view on this is that I think we should stop fighting, has gotten us no where in 7-8 years, and our economy is taking a big Sh!t on itself. My philosophy on this is, I think we should spend those 10 billion dollars that we spend in Iraq every month and try to break our dependence on foreign oil and invest it in our economy and clean sources of fuel.

Money talks, hippies walk. Oil rich people won't support options that will make them lose money. It rings true with anyone. I wouldn't invest my time and money into a cart pushing robot just like they won't invest money is alternative fuels.
<<

deathitself7

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:28 am

I'm glad he wants to decriminalize marijuana, there are to many people with messed up lives just because they had some weed, but thats really the only thing I agree with of his
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:08 pm

deathitself7 wrote:I'm glad he wants to decriminalize marijuana, there are to many people with messed up lives just because they had some weed, but thats really the only thing I agree with of his

:roll: (Cookie)

Why stop at marijuana? If you are going to legalize drugs - then legalize them. Don't be a pussy about it - put a tax on them.

I want my herion, dilaudid, coke, crack, Roofies, oxycontin, morphine, meth, ice, banana peels, mandrax, gorilla biscuits, beans, reds, downers, uppers, pocket rockets, yellow mollies, black mollies, wiff, 'shrooms, french ticklers, pussy tamers.

And that's just for today.
:shock:
<<

barbarian

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:06 pm

Obama is going to legalize pot ? Wow... If they put a tax on that like they do everything else.....

Plus all the money they save by not tracking down smugglers. Financial troubles are over.
<<

deathitself7

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:00 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:
deathitself7 wrote:I'm glad he wants to decriminalize marijuana, there are to many people with messed up lives just because they had some weed, but thats really the only thing I agree with of his

:roll: (Cookie)

Why stop at marijuana? If you are going to legalize drugs - then legalize them. Don't be a pussy about it - put a tax on them.

I want my herion, dilaudid, coke, crack, Roofies, oxycontin, morphine, meth, ice, banana peels, mandrax, gorilla biscuits, beans, reds, downers, uppers, pocket rockets, yellow mollies, black mollies, wiff, 'shrooms, french ticklers, pussy tamers.

And that's just for today.
:shock:

I agree but decriminalization is the first step to that. some people still think that it is SOOOO dangerous.

by the way u can't get high off banna peels. the anarchist cookbook lied. nooooo bannacide
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:21 pm

quote]
I agree but decriminalization is the first step to that. some people still think that it is SOOOO dangerous.

by the way u can't get high off banna peels. the anarchist cookbook lied. nooooo bannacide[/quote]

What? No high from peels?

Damn, I sure picked a fine time to quit huffing methyl ethyl ketone.

No wonder peels never knocked the edge off....lying bastard anarchists.

Where have all the honest anarchists gone? Probably getting tenured positions at Harvard or Berkely.
:cry:
<<

johnopsec

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:06 am

barbarian wrote:Obama is going to legalize pot ? Wow... If they put a tax on that like they do everything else.....

Plus all the money they save by not tracking down smugglers. Financial troubles are over.

There is a common and all too often repeated misunderstanding of what the "War on Drugs" is all about. It only has a side-effect of reducing the supply of illicit drugs to America. The "war" part is directed at the Cartels. Those Cartels engage in and/or support not only narco-terrorism but terrorism in general. The poppy in Afghanistan provided money to terrorists, yada yada yada.

So... just so we all understand... The "War on Drugs" is to stem the flow of money towards terrorists. The beneficial side-effect of reducing (even if only by a fraction) the flow of drugs towards America is simply a good selling point for those uninitiated who don't understand the big picture. Americans and congress-critters especially gladly spent $$$ towards limiting drugs. They would not have bought into the whole idea of spending money to weaken the cartels and terrorists and governments who harbor/support terrorists. Remember, this started in the 80's. We had not been hit "at home" since Pearl Harbor. Terrorists attacks were something that happened to "other people" and "other countries"...
JohnOPSEC
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:11 am

johnopsec wrote:
barbarian wrote:Obama is going to legalize pot ? Wow... If they put a tax on that like they do everything else.....

There is a common and all too often repeated misunderstanding of what the "War on Drugs" is all about. It only has a side-effect of reducing the supply of illicit drugs to America. The "war" part is directed at the Cartels. Those Cartels engage in and/or support not only narco-terrorism but terrorism in general. The poppy in Afghanistan provided money to terrorists, yada yada yada.

So... just so we all understand... The "War on Drugs" is to stem the flow of money towards terrorists. The beneficial side-effect of reducing (even if only by a fraction) the flow of drugs towards America is simply a good selling point for those uninitiated who don't understand the big picture. Americans and congress-critters especially gladly spent $$$ towards limiting drugs. They would not have bought into the whole idea of spending money to weaken the cartels and terrorists and governments who harbor/support terrorists. Remember, this started in the 80's. We had not been hit "at home" since Pearl Harbor. Terrorists attacks were something that happened to "other people" and "other countries"...

You're right, but some folks think that if we were "nicer", then bad things wouldn't happen to good people. We'd all hold hands with those pesky cartel jefes and Wahabi head chopper-offers and gather in a circle, singing Kumbaya. [Pffffft...ptui.... cough..cough...] :roll:

Why, if we did that - then all of the world would truly love us, yes?

Unfortunately, the concept of kindness is very often interpreted as a sign of weakness in the animal kingdom. I've never seen an alligator give anyone a handout - more than likely, the gator will take your whole freaking arm off for stupidly trusting him.

Gratitude is seriously overated.

But hey, that's just me...that's the way I rock and roll...
:twisted:
<<

m0ose

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:24 pm

War on drugs. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Speaking from experience, the war on drugs doesn't bother me.

My father, a general "good guy", turned my house upside down when the result of the "War on Drugs" came to my house.

My father was the type who would use the Marijuwanana for medical reasons. I think I may have said, but he was disabled and the pain was horrible, so he turned to his virtually life long enjoyment to make him feel better.

Well, one day my dad was watching the tube and saw a show on kids who grew pot from seeds found in bird food. So him, being that sort, decided he'd grow his own. So he grabbed our jug of birdseed and sure enough, the third ingredient was hemp seed. So he picked and poked and got up a small stash of seed waiting for planting.

From there he planted his hemp and waited for everything to grow and so forth. Now, him being a big mouth cool guy, showed everyone and bragged about his crop. At some point, my dad got pegged off and the DTF began working on mounting a full on strike on my dad, who, when reported, was reported as a "dealer."

Well, a couple of months go buy, my family is oblivious to what my dad was doing out back and so on. So one day I get these bad feeling etc. So we sit down to dinner and don't ya know, here comes five+ cop cars, swat vans, etc, all to my little house on the hill. There had to be about 40+ cops storming my house/property.

Now, my dad went peacefully and was honest, and even showed them everything they wanted. Now little did he know that hemp doesn't contain the THC or whatever that will get you high. So all in all, the cops ganked I think about 12 pounds or something of the makings for some nice pairs of pants, when in reality, they were expecting some hardcore drugs and lots of them. :P

So this brings me to my actual point though. Even through all that, the "War on Drugs" doesn't bother me. It frustrates me, but my dad was wrong and when you are int he wrong, you pay for it. Sure the war on drugs isn't right, but it isn't fully wrong either. Sometimes putting limits on things is good, especially when it is a substance that can not be controlled until a better policy is put into place.

Personally I feel any citizen should be able to indulge however they like, but endangering other who have no connection is bad. My stance is that the government should regulate all controlled substances and sell them. Legalize the use and purchase of drugs, so long as it is through the government. Make it like the pharmacy of fun, have people go to doctors to get scripts and have an allotted monthly allowance of that script. Sure it wont eliminate all the dealers and illegal sales, but it will put money back into the system, because honestly, I'd never go to that creep on the corner, but I wouldn't mind being safe and secure buying it from my local pharmacy. :P

Also, on a not so side note, I love cops, they are my friend. :D
<<

deathitself7

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:40 pm

m0ose wrote:War on drugs. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Speaking from experience, the war on drugs doesn't bother me.

My father, a general "good guy", turned my house upside down when the result of the "War on Drugs" came to my house.

My father was the type who would use the Marijuwanana for medical reasons. I think I may have said, but he was disabled and the pain was horrible, so he turned to his virtually life long enjoyment to make him feel better.

Well, one day my dad was watching the tube and saw a show on kids who grew pot from seeds found in bird food. So him, being that sort, decided he'd grow his own. So he grabbed our jug of birdseed and sure enough, the third ingredient was hemp seed. So he picked and poked and got up a small stash of seed waiting for planting.

From there he planted his hemp and waited for everything to grow and so forth. Now, him being a big mouth cool guy, showed everyone and bragged about his crop. At some point, my dad got pegged off and the DTF began working on mounting a full on strike on my dad, who, when reported, was reported as a "dealer."

Well, a couple of months go buy, my family is oblivious to what my dad was doing out back and so on. So one day I get these bad feeling etc. So we sit down to dinner and don't ya know, here comes five+ cop cars, swat vans, etc, all to my little house on the hill. There had to be about 40+ cops storming my house/property.

Now, my dad went peacefully and was honest, and even showed them everything they wanted. Now little did he know that hemp doesn't contain the THC or whatever that will get you high. So all in all, the cops ganked I think about 12 pounds or something of the makings for some nice pairs of pants, when in reality, they were expecting some hardcore drugs and lots of them. :P

So this brings me to my actual point though. Even through all that, the "War on Drugs" doesn't bother me. It frustrates me, but my dad was wrong and when you are int he wrong, you pay for it. Sure the war on drugs isn't right, but it isn't fully wrong either. Sometimes putting limits on things is good, especially when it is a substance that can not be controlled until a better policy is put into place.

Personally I feel any citizen should be able to indulge however they like, but endangering other who have no connection is bad. My stance is that the government should regulate all controlled substances and sell them. Legalize the use and purchase of drugs, so long as it is through the government. Make it like the pharmacy of fun, have people go to doctors to get scripts and have an allotted monthly allowance of that script. Sure it wont eliminate all the dealers and illegal sales, but it will put money back into the system, because honestly, I'd never go to that creep on the corner, but I wouldn't mind being safe and secure buying it from my local pharmacy. :P

Also, on a not so side note, I love cops, they are my friend. :D

well if he was growing hemp he wouldn't have gotten a high off it because that is the indica strain of cannabis witch doesn't have enough thc in it to get high. if it was cannabis sativa than you could smoke it
PreviousNext

Return to Current Events