FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

need a little program

<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:24 am

need a little program

Anyone interested in programming me a little software?
What I need is a program where I could type Abloy Classic keycode and it would show me the key cuts.
You can see the chart for example here:
http://blackbag.nl/?p=555
I have had two different programs that do just this. One was lost long ago and the other I still technically have, but its on my old computer that crashed badly and wont start anymore.
I can get the codes by looking from a paper, but it would be much easier to just type it in my computer and cut the keys looking at the screen.
My old program showed the cuts so I could put the key against the screen and the numbers were in the same place as the cuts on the key.
This makes it even easier to check the key is right, but it doesnt have to be like that.
I have Windows 7.
If anyone is up for the job, I could send a lock or two or maybe 20 euros your way!
Respond here or PM me.
-Wizer
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:11 am

Re: need a little program

I see 2 options: 2 columns in excel or similar and a filter on the top, or a simple web script. Just let me know which option do you need help with.

Cheers :)
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:24 am

Either would work. I´m just not very good at computer stuff...
I do have open office, so I think the exel program would run, but I have no idea where to even start. So I was hoping someone could do this for me and maybe email it to me.
Now if it was still early 90´s, I could propably have done it for commodore 64 in Basic, but ....
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:33 am

I'll give it a quick shot and send you the file to see if it works... pm me your email address.

Cheers :)
<<

MacGyver101

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Don't mean to step on femurat's toes here... but, if it helps, I put together a spreadsheet to do just that a while ago. You can download it here: Abloy Classic Decoder - MacGyver101.xls

Anyone's welcome to use it, so long as you don't republish it under your own name, or sell it. :smile: Note that I'm using the disc numbers and cuts from Han Fey's write-up on Abloys, rather than the numbers that Barry Wels has in his blog article: someone please let me know if I have the disc numbers or disc ordering backwards!

EDIT: Fixed the disc numbering, and also added the ability to support 8- or 5-digit codes.
Last edited by MacGyver101 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:09 am

What a great community we have here.
2 hours after I posted my request for a program, I had it in my email!
And most of people were still a sleep behing the ocean.
Thanks so much, Femurat!
MacGyvers program is even a little easier to use, but the cut numbers would have to be changed.

Han Feys articles are great, maybe best you can find on the interwebs, but for some reason he got the keybittings wrong.
0 degree, not cut, bitting is number 0 (zero), while 90 degree cut is number 5.

Some older codes may have less numbers. A 10 number code you start from the beginning, on a 8 number code you start from the 2nd. row, and 5 number code starts from 3rd. row.

Thanks again, both of you!!!
:smile:
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:35 am

Great job MacGiver! :cool:

In your program you can't choose the starting column, so I guess it doesn't work with 8 and 5 number codes. Mine is slower since you have to insert each number, but it allows you to choose the column. Here it is, enjoy. Ideas about improvements are welcome.

Now I feel a bit embarrassed: I asked Wizer to donate me a filed down abloy blank if he wanted to compensate me for this little program, and he was kind enough to do so and even added some extras :oops: well, thank you for your generosity mate :mrgreen:

Cheers
<<

MacGyver101

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Wizer wrote:Han Feys articles are great, maybe best you can find on the interwebs, but for some reason he got the keybittings wrong.
0 degree, not cut, bitting is number 0 (zero), while 90 degree cut is number 5.

Ah... thank you! Let me fix that up.

Wizer wrote:Some older codes may have less numbers. A 10 number code you start from the beginning, on a 8 number code you start from the 2nd. row, and 5 number code starts from 3rd. row.

That shouldn't be too hard to put in, either: I hadn't run into shorter-numbered codes before.

Give me a few minutes... :smile:
<<

MacGyver101

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Here's an updated version: Abloy Classic Decoder - MacGyver101.xls
Please let me know if I misunderstood your instructions for the 8- and 5-digit codes. :smile:
<<

MacGyver101

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Well, third time's a charm...

While switching from Han's numbering back to the correct numbering, I managed to reverse the table. (Thanks, Wizer, for pointing that out.) I've updated the above links (both posts) to point to a corrected version of the file.
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Masterkeying Magic - Abloy Pin Codec.7z
Here's a program I made when I was in locksmith school.

Don't know if the codes from the US are different from the European ones but if they are I can just reprogram them.

I made it using Excel and here it is, Abloy Codec.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:22 pm

If anyone has information on masterkeying Abloy I and Abloy II send it to me so I can make a program for it. Thanks!
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:18 am

Great job again MacGiver! I've added a key profile graph to mine and updated the file... :cool: feel free to copy and paste it in yours if you like it.

The graph may need to be resized to match real key dimensions, I don't have one at the moment. Just grab one side of the graph area and drag it.

Let me know what all of you think about it :)
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:24 am

Does anyone else have any other locksmith programs they would like to see, I'm getting bored and need a challenge...

Return to HAL 3000 - Computer Geeks