FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Howdy from the Sierras

<<

Arborigine

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Howdy from the Sierras

Hi. I'm in California's gold rush area, am a professional mechanic, machinist, and welder with experience in exotic and antique cars and motorcycles. I have interest in anything mechanical from bulldiozers down to motorscooters. Haven't had much luck picking locks, but learned to notch a key long ago, and have fooled with a few combo locks successfully. I just brought home a locked pre-1897 Hall's safe, and the fun begins.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Re: Howdy from the Sierras

There's currently a thread being viewed that should be of real interest to you, great timing! Hello from Ohio! I'm Mark, welcome to the forum.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

Arborigine

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:30 pm

Thats what drew me here in my searching for info. I hope to give as good as I get, but I am no locksmith.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:38 am

Welcome.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:32 am

There are a number of locksmiths here, but many who, like myself, are not locksmiths. But we all love locks and how they work.

Welcome to the site. Love the picture of your safe. That is a beauty, and wish I could be there help you open it. Due to the holes drilled in the wheels, doubt it can be vibrated. It should manipulate pretty easily. Graph out the drive wheel, you will probably find one of the notches measures noticeably different than the others. That will be your gate.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:57 am

Welcome and join us in the chat!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:25 am

Are you gonna have a frog in the race this year?
<<

Arborigine

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:36 am

I don't participate, perhaps when the kid gets a little older we will. The "Frog Jumps" is the name of our county fair, and an event as well. The Demolition Derby is more fun.
I would welcome anyone who wants to drop in and try their hand at cracking this box. It may be a few weks before I have time and have learned enough to make a serious attempt now that i know what I am facing
I have seen that copying books is frowned upon here, but downloaded a copy of the pamphlet "techniques of safecracking" by Yeager. It is missing the last pages of the manipulation section, 28 and 29, so i don't have the full story on graphing. Are there any comprehensive tutorials for graphing out there without spending $200 on the big book?
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:35 pm

There are a few. You can learn quite a bit looking around this site. Most notable is Oldfast's thread. Some good stuff there!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:56 am

A big welcome to you Arborigine. Also check out Femurat's tutorial... Getting Started with Manipulation
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."

Return to Introduce Yourself