FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Back in the saddle

<<

toddgeer

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Back in the saddle

In 1980 When I was 16, my girlfriend's dad called me and asked if I'd like to work in his lockshop. I had no idea that this would become the greatest career in the world.

I left locksmithing in 1993 and went into the IT world, spent a dozen years there and thankfulky was laid off.

I'm back in the field now and was stunned to find that my skills remained intact. After 6 months doing locks again, I wondered how I survived all those years doing computer stuff.

Some work is new, like autos, but some is the same ol'. All of it is fascinating. The technological advances that have taken place are amazing. I know how a prisoner feels after serving a dozen-year sentence.

Kwikset sidebar? Keypad locks that can be programmed for times and days? Computer chips in key heads? Von Duprin and Schlage same company? Just Wow.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum. I now have a re-found interest that will fill my mind with fun stuff. Gotta love the idea of enjoying one's job.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Back in the saddle

Welcome back! I'm Mike.... good to meet ya :)
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."

Return to Introduce Yourself