FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

<<

SeanGallagher

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:16 pm

My name is Sean, I was looking to start my own locksmith business but decided not to. During this time I acquired some important tools a locksmith needs and am looking to sell. I tried starting a for sale thread but for some reason I never saw it show up and its been almost a week?

Sean
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Re: new member

SeanGallagher wrote:My name is Sean, I was looking to start my own locksmith business but decided not to. During this time I acquired some important tools a locksmith needs and am looking to sell. I tried starting a for sale thread but for some reason I never saw it show up and its been almost a week?

Sean

Almost a week? It's been one day. One. Day.

It appears your other post for some reason got caught in an old filter where we used to manually approve the first five posts for every new user in order to weed out spammers. It's just a minor site glitch, and the post should now show up.

Please have patience. We do our best to keep the site running smoothly, but we have jobs, families and our own lives to lead. Sometimes things can take a day or two to get fixed.

You were temporarily banned from lp101 for trying to manipulate the forum rules so you could bypass their limitation on use of the Buy-Sell-Trade forum by new members. Getting testy with the admins here isn't a good way to get things started.

In any case, welcome to the site.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi Sean,

I have to say, that you are most certainly not following the best course of action for a new member who would like to be welcomed and is desiring to entice members to buy stuff from you. Many people here are also members over at lp101 and as such would be familiar with your temporary ban there and the reasons for it. Honestly, given your behavior there, they were quite magnanimous in only temporarily banning you. I highly recommend that you cease and desist on the blatant lies about the time frame of your post to it being approved (Not to mention that new users posts require a manual approval in certain forums.) Your post of ostensibly "almost a week" ago was in fact posted on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:10 pm! Dishonesty is NOT a way to gain trust. A feedback rating of ten on ebay is not something to brag about demonstrating your trustworthiness either. Combine these aforementioned factors and I can't see why anyone here would trust you as far as a midget could throw a 30ft sailboat. You claim to desire to validate your honesty and integrity; however, you have clearly demonstrated a lack of both with your very first post.

If you wish to stay around here, you need to clean up your act and fast. In all honestly, I nearly banned you outright for your lying publicly about when you posted as if you have been somehow wronged. The only people who have been wronged here are our team that runs the site, and our membership via your pissing in the well.

Please consider yourself to be officially warned.

That aside, if you can manage to demonstrate honesty and integrity going forward, this whole matter could be put aside. I sincerely that you do so and that it is.

Anyway, enjoy the site!

-Elbow

MBI wrote:
SeanGallagher wrote:My name is Sean, I was looking to start my own locksmith business but decided not to. During this time I acquired some important tools a locksmith needs and am looking to sell. I tried starting a for sale thread but for some reason I never saw it show up and its been almost a week?

Sean

Almost a week? It's been one day. One. Day.

It appears your other post for some reason got caught in an old filter where we used to manually approve the first five posts for every new user in order to weed out spammers. It's just a minor site glitch, and the post should now show up.

Please have patience. We do our best to keep the site running smoothly, but we have jobs, families and our own lives to lead. Sometimes things can take a day or two to get fixed.

You were temporarily banned from lp101 for trying to manipulate the forum rules so you could bypass their limitation on use of the Buy-Sell-Trade forum by new members. Getting testy with the admins here isn't a good way to get things started.

In any case, welcome to the site.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!
The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:09 pm

It kind of sounds like your getting out of lock picking not getting into it .
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:46 pm

Yeah, AB, I agree. Well sort of anyway, it kind of sounds like lots of contradictory things.... not exactly pleased with first impressions here of this fella....
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

SeanGallagher

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:43 am

Wow calm down, the reason 101lockpicking banned me was because they have a 50 post minimum in order to post in their for sale section. In a crunch for money not being able to sell this stuff on ebay, I went to a lot of threads and chimed in small to get my post count up. They saw this as against the rules I dont know, but I wasnt just saying 1 word in the threads. This doesn't make me a bad person, I am an honest, straight forward person with good morals. I don't understand how certain people can come in here and judge me.

Elbow really?? I have 10 smooth transactions on ebay thats not enough heres more

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=335460

13 positive transactions for all feed back theres 23. Sorry i dont sell things for a living and have more feedback? But not one bit of negative feedback? And you still wont show respect.

I could post up every car forum, bike forum etc that i have sold on but im not going to.

Elbow if you have that mindset of who is this new guy, this is my turf he didnt pay his dues, he was banned on another forum he is trouble, far from it, I'm just trying to sell some tools don't even label me a bad person.
<<

SeanGallagher

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:54 am

Man you know what I'm not even gonna re-post my forsale thread and sell someone here nice tools. You're obviously the site owner and I wouldn't want to contribute to a site in anyway with someone who comes off as you do Elbow. I don't have much to contribute so you aren't losing much anways. Guess I'll throw it all on craigslist and give them to a potential car thief, which is what I didn't want to do.
<<

jailersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:09 pm

A minimum of 25 posts and 60 days of membership are the current rules for B-S-T om LP101.
<<

selim

Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist
Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

I haven't been to lp101 for about 3 years, don't like stupid rules.

Sean you are going about it all wrong here, come back and play by the very lax rules

or not. it's your loss if you don't
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 pm

selim wrote:I haven't been to lp101 for about 3 years, don't like stupid rules.
I discovered them before KP and have about the same thoughts on it. At first I understood why they had to have the rules, but after being here for awhile I've realized those rules aren't doing a damn thing productive. The community is pretty good at realizing who is up to shady shit and who is actually interested.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

SeanGallagher

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Aedalas wrote:
selim wrote:I haven't been to lp101 for about 3 years, don't like stupid rules.
I discovered them before KP and have about the same thoughts on it. At first I understood why they had to have the rules, but after being here for awhile I've realized those rules aren't doing a damn thing productive. The community is pretty good at realizing who is up to shady shit and who is actually interested.

I showed my feedback for transactions that have occurred over years and years not just this week, I use my full name here, I would give my address and phone number if I had to. Its sad I gotta go through all of this just to sell some tools, its like i have to be a hardcore locksmith with tons of rep in the field to get any respect from this Elbow. Funny how I explain I am a good person and these guys break the ice I had a temporary ban on 101 now all of a sudden I'm a bad person, i have nothing to hide you two above. You think if I did I would use the same name on both sites, hell look up every post I made on there up and show me where I was out of line. I feel like I'm being trolled just to sell some tools
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 pm

SeanGallagher wrote:I showed my feedback for transactions that have occurred over years and years not just this week, I use my full name here, I would give my address and phone number if I had to. Its sad I gotta go through all of this just to sell some tools, its like i have to be a hardcore locksmith with tons of rep in the field to get any respect from this Elbow. Funny how I explain I am a good person and these guys break the ice I had a temporary ban on 101 now all of a sudden I'm a bad person, i have nothing to hide you two above. You think if I did I would use the same name on both sites, hell look up every post I made on there up and show me where I was out of line. I feel like I'm being trolled just to sell some tools

I think you're too hung up on that little part of what he said man. That was thrown in as just an extra point. The real issue was lying about your post time. If you think about it, that is sort of like saying the mods aren't doing their job and is kind of offensive. The thing you should be focusing on with Elbow's and MBI's responses here is that you are still being combative and haven't been banned or anything, only warned. They're good people, everybody here is, you just rubbed them the wrong way. All you had to do was apologize and make it known you would try to go about things the correct way next time. Continuing this argument isn't helping your case at all.

It isn't about people thinking they're going to get ripped off by you, that isn't the issue at all. And if it was, qualifying the point about having 10 smooth eBay transactions with a statement like "I know it isn't much, but what little transactions I've had like this have gone exceedingly well. Here is my eBay feedback." would have helped a bit there too. Paypal just loves buyers, while it would be a pain in the ass if you did try to rip us off, we know there are routes we can take to get our money back.

The interesting part of all of this is that our opinion of you is still quite repairable, but the fact is you're selling all of your tools and apparently have no interest in the profession/hobby. While appreciated that you're offering a (kind of) deal on some tools to us, it doesn't really matter because we know you aren't going to stick around and contribute anything.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

SeanGallagher

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Aedalas wrote:
SeanGallagher wrote:I showed my feedback for transactions that have occurred over years and years not just this week, I use my full name here, I would give my address and phone number if I had to. Its sad I gotta go through all of this just to sell some tools, its like i have to be a hardcore locksmith with tons of rep in the field to get any respect from this Elbow. Funny how I explain I am a good person and these guys break the ice I had a temporary ban on 101 now all of a sudden I'm a bad person, i have nothing to hide you two above. You think if I did I would use the same name on both sites, hell look up every post I made on there up and show me where I was out of line. I feel like I'm being trolled just to sell some tools

I think you're too hung up on that little part of what he said man. That was thrown in as just an extra point. The real issue was lying about your post time. If you think about it, that is sort of like saying the mods aren't doing their job and is kind of offensive. The thing you should be focusing on with Elbow's and MBI's responses here is that you are still being combative and haven't been banned or anything, only warned. They're good people, everybody here is, you just rubbed them the wrong way. All you had to do was apologize and make it known you would try to go about things the correct way next time. Continuing this argument isn't helping your case at all.

It isn't about people thinking they're going to get ripped off by you, that isn't the issue at all. And if it was, qualifying the point about having 10 smooth eBay transactions with a statement like "I know it isn't much, but what little transactions I've had like this have gone exceedingly well. Here is my eBay feedback." would have helped a bit there too. Paypal just loves buyers, while it would be a pain in the ass if you did try to rip us off, we know there are routes we can take to get our money back.

The interesting part of all of this is that our opinion of you is still quite repairable, but the fact is you're selling all of your tools and apparently have no interest in the profession/hobby. While appreciated that you're offering a (kind of) deal on some tools to us, it doesn't really matter because we know you aren't going to stick around and contribute anything.

How much did you donate to this site? I have donated; If you read the threads at all on here you'll see I have asked for my account to be closed and taken down. I don't care for a warning I did nothing wrong, sorry if I was off a few days, I was making a point that I think something is wrong with the thread I tried to post and wanted to see what was going on with it. Combative? Such strong words you use, supposed to curl up and kiss ass cause its his site? I admit when i'm wrong, I tell others when they're right, but in this case, not happening. Close account please, I can't make peace with Elbows clan here.
<<

Don

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Take a hike !!! Please

Get Over yourself !!! What are you 12 years old ? You come to someones site and complain they haven't jumped fast enough for you .. Then you get all insulted because they tell you to chill...
You asked to have your account removed. Just remove yourself ..Why do you keep coming back and insulting the owners ,staff and other members..

Take a hike !!!
<<

SeanGallagher

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Just drives me up a wall, this is the internet, I'm tired of people acting like that behind a computer screen. This forum is a form of business, he is the "owner", no owner should act like that to a potential "customer" I came in peace, he ran his mouth, I want to leave so someone let me out please. I dont want to receive emails from this place or have any connection. Majority of ya are good people i'm sure but elbow has a case of tendinitis. And what did I lie about exactly? I wasn't dead on with my date? wow lol, so sorry guys I didn't mean that lol I have no data which state when exactly because the damn forum didnt send me a notification. I thought everything was computerized, and also, if its someones job to physically look at my thread and post it after making sure it meets the rules, then they need to do their job. I have no problem with anyone but tendinitis. I donate to the site and I still get treated bad, never had that one happen before.
Next

Return to Introduce Yourself