FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hi everyone!

<<

MisterBik

Post Mon May 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi everyone!

Hello every body! ( hi doctor nick!)

Newbie here from down under.
Got a good grasp on the theory and mechanics , suck totally at the practical application (thus far)

I have been looking through the forum and am excited to see the amount of talent and brain power present here, and I'm looking forward to joining in the festivities :)

Adam.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 15, 2012 1:27 am

Re: Hi everyone!

Welcome to the forum. Good to have another Australian on the forum.

Lock picking is a manual/tactile skill. You can have an intellectual understanding of how pin-tumbler locks work -- which is analogous to knowing music theory and how a piano works -- but it will not seamlessly translate to a picking ability just as understanding the mechanics and acoustics of a piano will not make you a competent piano player. You need to practice. To paraphrase the TOOOL motto: the three "O"s are because you have to practice Over and Over and Over! :smile:
<<

MisterBik

Post Tue May 15, 2012 5:28 am

Thanks Piotr :)
I think my main problem has been I only try to pick old locks, usually not in use because they were problematic in the first place. Hard to tell if the flaw is the lock or my picking, so I am out to buy a nice new lock, and OOO. :)
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Tue May 15, 2012 4:09 pm

You may be right always make sure you have a good functioning lock before you try and pick it or you will give yourself hours of frustration trying to pick a lock that is already picked open but just wont turn because it is gummed up. I don't know what locks you have picked but if you are just starting buy a couple cheap locks (I.E. Master #3) that you know work well and pick them about a thousand times. Keep it up and you will be picking security pins in no time :hbg:
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue May 15, 2012 4:21 pm

welcome
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue May 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Welcome Adam... very good to have ya here. :)
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed May 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Welcome!!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Koguntetzu

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 16, 2012 1:25 pm

glad to see a new face, im also a novice-uber-noob, so the first locks i got were master No.3 locks and a cheep generic masterlock knockoff and they've been my "confidence locks" as they are super simple to open.
Stoop not down unto the Darkly-Splendid World; wherein continually lieth a faithless Depth, and Hades wrapped in clouds, delighting in unintellible images, precipitous, winding, a black ever-rolling Abyss; ever espousing a Body unluminous, formless and void.

-The Chaldæan Oracles of Zoroaster

Return to Introduce Yourself