FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I feel i should start over.

<<

Chrisaphrenia1125

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:06 am

I feel i should start over.

Hello all, my name is as you read Chris. Im from bfe georgia. I am an independant flooring contractor by trade, but my hobbies include furniture and musical instrument repair and refnishing, mathmatical theory, christian theology, and now as it seems lock picking. Since my first post ive thought alot about my choice of words and blatent disrespect twards ters n the forum and i would like to take this time to appologize. After all i didnt wake up oneday and just know how to do my job and nobdy just told me everything. It took time paitence and a respect towards the men who passed the knowledge to me. I am sorry. Now...... Since then i have caught a fever that seems to be heriditary. I have picked my strongbox( not a good title Since theres only one pin as far as i can tell), another small padlock from a suitcase, a guard security padlock( impressive to me since the packaging boasts pick resistant), and im currently attempting the cary safe. My 8 year old son has picked all the same locks and only just watched me do it....Not sure how i feel about that.... I am very interested in the art and am looking forward to getting to know everyone as time and schedules allow. Im extremely new to this so any advice or misc tips and tricks would be awesome, who knows maybe after enough practice i could pick up an apprenticeship.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:27 am

Re: I feel i should start over.

Welcome. I got most of my starter knowledge from Kokomolock and wizwazzle videos on youtube. Those two are the best at explaining lock picking therory fundamentals. I also picked up a book called "Easy Pickings." It was ok but the two names I mentioned before will supply you with so much knowledge, it'll blow your mind.
<<

Chrisaphrenia1125

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:37 am

Thanks mrsour, i appreciate that.
And in the darkness bind them.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:54 am

I learned pin tumbler picking methods from scouring this forum, watching youtube videos and practicing. As far a safe cracking and shit like dial manipulation I'm totally clueless but I would assume the same resources are available on here if not elsewhere.

I would definitely start searching here and also on youtube.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Chrisaphrenia1125

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:05 am

Thanks xeo
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:18 am

Hi, I'm Tarquin. I'm of no use to you whatsoever because I'm pretty bad still. Come hand out in the chat and we can be newbies together.
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:51 am

Tarquin wrote:Hi, I'm Tarquin. I'm of no use to you whatsoever because I'm pretty bad still. Come hand out in the chat and we can be newbies together.

Nice man! Tarquin is right though, the chat is an awesome place and any question you have can usually be answered there and if it can't then just make a new post about whatever you are stuck on and I am sure you will get a good answer.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:26 am

welcome again chris a direct drive or straight tail piece cary,wont manipulate like modern day locks.
edit. That should help
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:44 am

600_rocky_01.jpg
600_rocky_03.jpg
600_rocky_02.jpg
Nice well made cary safe named rocky
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Welcome to the forum and the community.

You will learn heaps from watching the YT videos of the eminent members of KP that are also prolific video makers eg. Kokomo, Wiz, LSA, xeo, etc. Although he has lost much credibility and gained the ire of many people, Schuyler Towne's videos on YT are a good introduction to the basics of locks and lockpicking.

I don't see a problem with your son picking locks so long as he understands that he is to only pick locks that his father owns. I would also stop picking locks that are in service because it's a hassle if you damage them. Buy the most common North American locks -- Kwikset cylinders, Master padlocks and maybe a Schlage cylinder or two -- and play with those. For the discipline, practce picking mounted locks. To that end, buy a small hobby vice.

As the other members have written, chat is a good way to get to know the members and to introduce yourself. I'm not as active in the hobby or the forum and chat as I used to be because of my health problems but I will try and log in to chat when the North American members are online (I'm from Australia).
<<

Chrisaphrenia1125

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Thanks everyone. Thats a beaut of a safe. The one im working on is a double door with two handles stands about 6 feet on the wheels, bout 4 feet wide, and two foot deep...... I tried pulling on the handle to test resistance but that only seized the dial, what does that mean? And..... Does that mean that theres another door inside that ill be contending with eventually?
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:42 pm

This one.
600_pesce.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:45 pm

good news for you then,its direct drive,easy its all in the tention chris.
<<

Chrisaphrenia1125

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Thanks for the info 10ringo10.. So then i am on the right track then. I have been listening to the lock...Trying to draw a mental picture of the goings on... i got pages of points and graphs, if my readng comprehension (sp) is on point then . Oh and yes thats my beastly baby. Can you pm some info specific to that model?
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Ask your self this,whats stopping the handle from moving more if its binding on the wheel pack, now you know its the bolt.
Next

Return to Introduce Yourself