FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hi

<<

Chrisaphrenia1125

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi

Hi everyone, newbie in the house here. Recently i bought a historical building in the downtown area of my town. I found that there was a locked cary safe in the dark recesses. After days of research and calling pros around the usa, i came to the conclusion that noone is gonna give me the info im needing to crack the combo. If anyone has any info on how to deduce the combo on a cary c5 three wheel straight tailpiece lock, please help a brother out. Ive found numerous how tos that are out dated. A safe tech in california told me that its able to be manipulated but he wont tell me the procedure.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Re: Hi

lol why would a locky tell you how to do what you should be paying him to do...
just my 2 cents...

there are some decent tutorials on safe cracking laying around the forums... good luck... Feel free to ship it to me and I will get it opened :)
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Welcome to the forum. Hang around. Make posts. Let us get to know you. When we trust you, we may share with you. Beginning with a post like yours will only drive folks away from you. Maybe for now, you can hire a pro to get it open for you.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:28 pm

welcome to the forum .
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Chrisaphrenia1125 wrote:...A safe tech in california told me that its able to be manipulated but he wont tell me the procedure.

No kidding... :???:

That's a rather audacious first post and it is unlikely to get you the information you are after.

The membership of this forum is neither naive and stupid nor does it exist for the mission of depriving professional locksmiths and safe/vault technicians of an income. In short, if you were a burglar that happened upon this safe and had no idea how to open it your post would be identical to the one you made. You may indeed be genuine and your query legitimate but even in that case your post is misguided. You are unknown to the forum and for that reason do not have the privilege of picking the brains of the forum experts. Sorry.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:45 pm

It as a old brass dial and a round nob straight tail at the side. STILL carnt tell ya.
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:56 pm

i hear thermite will open them. use 1 pound and pour it into a pile on top of ur safe. ignite it with magnesium and poof! safe will be manipulated open.
<<

Chrisaphrenia1125

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:08 pm

I am begining to understand why he told me to seek out a safe tech and not a locksmith. Also why the art is dieing out. If i stole a ton of 133 year old steel that was locked, why not just destroy it?? Besides that, why globaly announce it? Im not a moron and i guess these trade secrets will probably die with all of you. Do you change your own oil? Or cook your own meals? Or laundry? Or maybe thats best left to other professionals too. I guess i should have been born with the skill set instead of seeking out the knowledge on a dedicated forum.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Chrisaphrenia1125 wrote:I am begining to understand why he told me to seek out a safe tech and not a locksmith. Also why the art is dieing out. If i stole a ton of 133 year old steel that was locked, why not just destroy it?? Besides that, why globaly announce it? Im not a moron and i guess these trade secrets will probably die with all of you. Do you change your own oil? Or cook your own meals? Or laundry? Or maybe thats best left to other professionals too. I guess i should have been born with the skill set instead of seeking out the knowledge on a dedicated forum.

It's not that people are unwilling to share this knowledge, it's just that people are justifiably hesitant to share it with someone they don't know yet.

Your comparisons are a bit unfair as there is a relatively limited amount of damage that can be done by someone who changes their own oil, cooks their own meals or does their own laundry. The potential for misuse of safecracking information is high, and if you can't see that (or refuse to admit that) then perhaps you're only reaffirming their hesitancy.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 pm

find a safe cracking forum ;)

there are ways to learn and the people here are willing to teach trusted members... it does not take much to become trusted... just time and effort man...

take a step back and look at it from our point of view...

dont get upset... if its locked up on your property you can afford to wait a lil while to learn how its done right...
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:17 pm

It his a nice old safe, the dial was patented in sept 1890,it would be a shame to cut it up ,but we cant give you the information you need.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:52 pm

Chrisaphrenia1125 wrote:I am begining to understand why he told me to seek out a safe tech and not a locksmith. Also why the art is dieing out. If i stole a ton of 133 year old steel that was locked, why not just destroy it?? Besides that, why globaly announce it? Im not a moron and i guess these trade secrets will probably die with all of you. Do you change your own oil? Or cook your own meals? Or laundry? Or maybe thats best left to other professionals too. I guess i should have been born with the skill set instead of seeking out the knowledge on a dedicated forum.

You have not even looked around this forum and the old posts. This place is full of people freely sharing information but again it is to trusted members. I'm a locksmith and I'm a much better locksmith than I would have been if I had not joined these people here and gotten to know them and interacted with them.

And since your gonna show a piss poor attitude and smart ass answers heres a little back. You ask if you stole a 133 year old steel safe that was locked why not just destroy it? Two reasons, one is the safe its self is worth a hell of a lot of money if it's in good shape and even if it's not it can be restored and still be valuable. Two, you destroy the safe you run the chances of destroying it's contents. So your logic is a little faulty there.

Are you going to let us come into your home and have a look around? Probably not. Why? You don't know us. This place is for people to learn and share the knowledge and expand our abilities whether professional or for fun but there is an inherent responsibility in sharing knowledge that could compromise the security of a specific container. If it weren't against forum rules I'd suggest a certain other forum to make your first post at and see how far you get.
<<

Chrisaphrenia1125

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:00 pm

I do appologize for the frustration on my behalf. I do see the potential security issues with posting the solution to crack a combination, yet i feel like im being strong armed by this. Some of the comments tward my original post were quite rude and kind of insulting to be honest. Would a picture of the safe and me with the mayor change things? Probably not. This isnt a project i woke up and just decided that i want to do myself. Its an accomplishment that i believe i have the patience and mindset to do. After all, how did all of you get into this? curiosity. The safe according to the historical society was opened in 1980 and hasnt been opened since the building was forclosed on in 83. when i bought the building, it became mine and i cant believe im having so much trouble learning how to open it. I see the concerns from your aspect, now try to see the frustration from mine. Sigh. Maybe you can tell me this: why wont the three step process of Harry C. Miller work on the c5 lock?
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:30 pm

i carnt see why your so frustrated you have a nice old safe it can be opened easily just get a locksmith in,he will have it open in 30mins.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:34 pm

might you explain the 3 step process of Harry C. Miller and maybe well know where your going wrong or what areas wed suggest your possibly not paying enough attention too...

on a side note... I got to spend the day with Harry C. Millers son the other day... really cool setup theyve got up there... I shall be returning soon... would you like me to ask him why his dads meathod would not work? (retorical question)
Next

Return to Introduce Yourself