FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Thanks for all the info

<<

gnarus8429

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks for all the info

I've been picking on some level for sometime now but, have only become a zealot in the past year. I work for a law enforcement agency and a small (very small ) portion of my job involves nondestructive entry. I usually get a few gigs a year but, it makes all of this practice and reading worth it. There is nothing like trying to pick a lock with a large armed force behind waiting on you to open a lock. To this end I don't care how I get in bump, pick, or bypass. Just get it open, do what you have t,o and be able to lock it back. I 'm also working with a local hackerspace (hive13) on a lock forensics study to study the different types of tool mark impressions left behind by different types of attacks. We are fully aware of the work that datagram has done in this area and he has encouraged us to duplicate the work to validate it even further. My newest passion in this area though is pick fabrication. I'm turning out some decent bogotas from street sweeper bristles (I bought a whole new brush man was my wife pissed to see that thing in our basement). Most of all I wanted to thank everyone who contributes to this and every other forum out there. You all make this hobby possible and get a bunch a of good guys through the door just a little quicker and a little safer each time you share some information. Thanks.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:31 am

Re: Thanks for all the info

gnarus8429 wrote: I work for a law enforcement agency and a small (very small ) portion of my job involves nondestructive entry.

We'd love to hear about it!
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:03 am

gnarus8429 wrote: There is nothing like trying to pick a lock with a large armed force behind waiting on you to open a lock.

I've been in that position...not too comfortable, knowing you're THEIR shield!
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Wow man I can't wait to hear more! Hope you stay on the forum a long time.
<<

vienessewaltzer

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:22 pm

That sounds way more fun than my job lol :)
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:42 am

Good to meet ya Gnarus! Both your occupation and your side interests sound exciting. It's great to have ya here and look foward to seein' ya on the board friend!

gnarus8429 wrote:Most of all I wanted to thank everyone who contributes to this and every other forum out there.

:agree: There's no way I'd be enjoying this hobby to the extent I do.... without these guys!

gnarus8429 wrote: ....street sweeper bristles (I bought a whole new brush man was my wife pissed to see that thing in our basement)....

Now THATS funny. I can just imagine her face.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."

Return to Introduce Yourself