FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hi from Scotland!

<<

NosmanN20

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:47 am

Hi from Scotland!

Hi all,

Been lurking here for a couple of weeks, thought I'd come and say hi now that I'm registered :smile:

I'm Chris, 25, from Scotland. I've been interested in lock picking since reading about it in "the book of forbidden knowledge" at a very young age, but only decided to do something about it a couple of weeks ago. Ordered myself a Sparrows Kick Start set to get me off the ground, and I have a set of Serepick's Titanium Bogotas gradually making their way to me across the Atlantic (USPS tracking sucks!).

My Sparrows arrived, and my girlfriend & I have been practicing constantly on a cheap padlock I bought in a supermarket. She popped it 5 times before I even got it once... Quite an addictive feeling once you've popped it open for the first time! Since then, my dad's given me an old Mila 5 pin euro cylinder to work on, but I've not managed it yet.

Here to learn as much as I can about the hobby to compliment my practicing. Thanks for having me :mrgreen:
<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: Hi from Scotland!

NosmanN20 wrote:My Sparrows arrived, and my girlfriend & I have been practicing constantly on a cheap padlock I bought in a supermarket.:mrgreen:

That's awesome man! I have been trying to get my girlfriend into lock picking for a while and she has gotten good enough to pick spools pins but she doesn't seem to really get into it.

Welcome to the forum!
<<

darkhorse

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:21 pm

owdo nosman....youre lifes over now mate...this lockpicking lark takes over
<<

NosmanN20

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:13 pm

NoNeedForAKey wrote:That's awesome man! I have been trying to get my girlfriend into lock picking for a while and she has gotten good enough to pick spools pins but she doesn't seem to really get into it.

Yeah I've seen us fighting over the picks & padlock :shock: she totally gets the addiction and wants her own pick set, I shall probably oblige!

Ta for welcomes.
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:19 am

Welcome to Keypicking buddy - Your off to a good start getting the girlfriend involved :razz:
Withing a few weeks of practice practice & more practice you will be able to pick that mila there a good lock to start on / easy :cool:

Good luck & happy picking
<<

NosmanN20

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:28 pm

uklockpicker wrote:Withing a few weeks of practice practice & more practice you will be able to pick that mila there a good lock to start on / easy :cool:

I've managed it a good few times since I wrote that post, but I'm going to keep at it again and again until I've mastered it and can do it consistently with each of my picks. "Penetrate that lock like your prom date" to quote someone in another thread :D

Return to Introduce Yourself